Home

After The Demo...

This is a discussion on After The Demo... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After playing the demo, are you buying?
Yes 191 55.36%
No 55 15.94%
On the fence/renting 99 28.70%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #57
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: After The Demo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
You can just keep on hitting retry after the time expires, so in essence its an infinite amount of time you have playing offense.
Lol well aware of that. I rather have quarters like NCAA to get a feel for the entire game instead of a 2 minute offense and not being able to play special teams or defense

Last edited by av7; 08-01-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

People whine about the demo being short. Well, it's free!!! So what you expect? The demo is fine to me because all it is is just that, a "demo". I don't care about the 1 qtr thing because all I am looking for is the feel for the mechanics, realistic and appropriate animations, gamplay, and how the player models seem to interact on the field. That's all I care about. If the "feel" of the game far as mechanics are there, then it don't take a rocket scientist to know a actual game of 4 quarters would be that much better. The demo has impressed me in those areas and I will be buying the game on Aug. 12th.

IMO, the game clearly looks to be better than any other Madden, PERIOD!

Last edited by MaximusPower; 08-01-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #59
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPower
People whine about the demo being short. Well, it's free!!! So what you expect? The demo is fine to me because all it is is just that, a "demo". I don't care about the 1 qtr thing because all I am looking for is the feel for the mechanics, realistic and appropriate animations, gamplay, and how the player models seem to interact on the field. That's all I care about. If the "feel" of the game far as mechanics are there, then it don't take a rocket scientist to know a actual game of 4 quarters would be that much better. The demo has impressed me in those areas and I will be buying the game on Aug. 12th.

I dont know what I'd do if it weren't for you to come in and tell us what demos are like. I would truly be lost. As for this demo being short, it is. Less than 2 minutes of actual gameplay?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #60
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusPower

Some people, like myself, are just frustrated because the lack of a decent demo will guarantee that I don't buy the game on release. It's now a rental for me because I can't get a very good idea of the game.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #61
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50
Angry Re: After The Demo...

i THINK IT will be a trial an error year..First year with this new interface so we will see. Demo is too limited to make any type of judgement...I think they should use real players for the IQ test...Just my opinion, gives it a feel of a real game test and not a simulated iq sort of TRON thing.....As usual I wont buy it, I have a few games to trade on sell video games.com. So it will be free for me..But i think I will wait to see the impact on how this goes from the first two weeks, but we will see..Graphics look good, but they should, but gameplay is what we are all concerned...We will all find a way to tweak the game, we always do...How will these slider or non slider sets work online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #62
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Graphics were mediocre at best, gameplay seemed very unfun to play. Animations were meh. Add to that the recent news about robo qb and the inability to tweak cpu sliders, and its a....HELL NO!!!!
Ok I can get with your opinion on everything but the graphics. Mediocre at best?? Really? Are you playing on an HD set?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #63
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Lol well aware of that. I rather have quarters like NCAA to get a feel for the entire game instead of a 2 minute offense and not being able to play special teams or defense
Exactly..I feel that they have quite a few bugs to work out so far..I dont think it is at all ready..Get ready for true Next Generation..Are we all truly ready for it??? New interface will face problems since it is its first year...I feel it is one or two years out...But they have given us true next genration, so we will just have to get used to it.But we need a true test of the whole game, even two minute quarters would have given us a better grasp of what we will be buying
Old 08-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Ok I can get with your opinion on everything but the graphics. Mediocre at best?? Really? Are you playing on an HD set?
Yeah dude I am. To be honest with all the hype about the visuals I was really surprised at how average they were. I think not having the ability to go into replay mode hurt it in addition to the almost birds eye view camera angle. I don't know but for whatever reason they really did not look that special at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »