Home

Dev Question: Are PS3 replay animations compressed?

This is a discussion on Dev Question: Are PS3 replay animations compressed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Dev Question: Are PS3 replay animations compressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I thought the replays were fine when I loaded them from the pause menu. When I used the On-Demand feature to bring them up, I noticed a ton of stuttering in the video. Anyone else?
SmashMan, I went and took a look, and it looks like the PS3 Replays loaded from the pause menu are equal to the On-Demand ones. Kinda stinks - these replays on 360 have great animation. Is this the way it is this year?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 16

I brought this thread back from the dead. Other than it being the birth of the term "Slidergate" - it also contains one of the big unanswered questions I've had personally about Madden NFL 10.

I've hit guys with PMs - no response. So now my intention is to get a discussion going again anew in hopes of an answer. There's a lot of PS3 gamers out there - and I'm sure I'm not the ONLY guy who cares.

In another thread, Madden's Animation Director Simon said that they've got the replay system to work where it's not dropping frames. That's exactly what I'm talking about - but specifically - is this in for PS3 as well?

-SeventhWard

Last edited by SeventhWard; 05-06-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhWard
I brought this thread back from the dead. Other than it being the birth of the term "Slidergate" - it also contains one of the big unanswered questions I've had personally about Madden NFL 10.

I've hit guys with PMs - no response. So now my intention is to get a discussion going again anew in hopes of an answer. There's a lot of PS3 gamers out there - and I'm sure I'm not the ONLY guy who cares.

In another thread, Madden's Animation Director Simon said that they've got the replay system to work where it's not dropping frames. That's exactly what I'm talking about - but specifically - is this in for PS3 as well?

-SeventhWard
I would like to know this as well. I have a 360 also, but for some reason I have fallen in love with my ps3 and I prefer the controller so I will most likely buy madden on ps3 this year. Plus free online doesnt hurt either. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #12

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

No "Hey Ian" Threads

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »