Home

So In Reality there are NO sliders at all.

This is a discussion on So In Reality there are NO sliders at all. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
So In Reality there are NO sliders at all.

During last nights awesomeness during which many of us found out there were no cpu sliders, Ian attempted to explain to us how the new system works. What everyone seems to be missing is that there is not just a lack of cpu sliders. There are no sliders at all in this game.

Now you may be thinking to yourself "Yes there are, you can move the sliders around in custom mode." Well according to Ian, not you can't. The following is a direct quote from him during all the hoopla of last night:

4. The sliders are what kind of make up the skill level now. So if you are at all pro, the HUM sliders are 1/4 of the way up. If you are All Madden, they are at 0. You can start with All-Madden and then tweak them from there (like maybe if you are having too difficult of a time running the ball)...and that then changes your skill level to "custom".

Read between the lines. Those are not sliders. Those are difficulty settings. There are no sliders at all in this game (according to the info we have been given so far). In the past if you played on All-Madden you would have a challenging game and all the sliders would still be at 50 and you could adjust them if you wanted to make the game more difficult or realistic or whatever you want.

Now according to Ian when you go to All-Madden all of the "sliders" go to 0, meaning that it is totally impossible to make the game anymore difficult. What these new "sliders" do is help you create a difficulty level between All-Pro and All-Madden or between Pro and Rookie and so on.

So in closing if you possess talent at the game of Madden (I'm not bragging here I'm just upset right now) then the only way for this game to be a challenge is to use an extremely crappy team. If I was to purchase this game (which I actually can't now because its not challenging) I would have to be one of the worst teams in the league just to keep myself from going undefeated every year. I wouldn't be able to play with my 94 rated Giants because there is no level up from All-Madden anymore. Basically EA has taken us back to the Sega Genesis years where going undefeated was a regular occurance. And that just sucks.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So In Reality there are NO sliders at all.

I will have to check into this later and get back to you.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

There are sliders. You can adjust DB Reaction Time, Pass Rushing and others. Check out Bill Abner's blog, he found some sliders, as well as something running and passing sliders. Its not for CPU, just HUM, but you can adjust certain things. You have your choice of Pre-set modes (Pro, All Madden etc), the My Skill (which tweaks the sliders to your game ) or you can go in custom and adjust them how you want.

Edit: As far as making it harder than All Madden, you are right, from what i understand. But (and this is my opinion) with everything on 0, that is gonna be damn hard. Youll be slinging ducks everywhere i would think

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
There are sliders. You can adjust DB Reaction Time, Pass Rushing and others. Check out Bill Abner's blog, he found some sliders, as well as something running and passing sliders. Its not for CPU, just HUM, but you can adjust certain things. You have your choice of Pre-set modes (Pro, All Madden etc), the My Skill (which tweaks the sliders to your game ) or you can go in custom and adjust them how you want.
So if you start on the All-Madden setting and then switch to the custom setting does it mean the AI still plays at the All-Madden level just with custom user sliders????

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
So if you start on the All-Madden setting and then switch to the custom setting does it mean the AI still plays at the All-Madden level just with custom user sliders????
My udnerstanding is at any point you can see what your sliders are and tweak them. If you go from All Madden to Custom, it should stay the same (so your all madden sliders are still there) and then you tweak as needed. The AI should play the same, but you may want to check with Ian on this (in fact, ill post your question and my response in the main slider thread)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

That's impossible, there has to be sliders. EA wouldn't be that stupid. However, if they are: no sliders = no purchase.

I rely on sliders, that is the only way I can get realistic results. I sure wasn't getting realistic results while playing the demo over and over last night based on the Madden IQ.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

One slider thread is enough.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »