Home

i have played both demos (ps3 and xbox360)

This is a discussion on i have played both demos (ps3 and xbox360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: i have played both demos (ps3 and xbox360)

the replays on the PS3 are compressed, at least I believe that is correct. I remember Adam saying that on the NCAA boards and Ian saying it here.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the replays on the PS3 are compressed, at least I believe that is correct. I remember Adam saying that on the NCAA boards and Ian saying it here.
Thanks, countryboy. So I did a little research myself and the only time I've ever found Ian use the word 'compressed' was in regards to replays on EASW for NCAA 09. I haven't found a definitive answer if that's going to be the case with the retail PS3 game's instant replays. For that matter, when I go into View Replays at the end of the game - am I going to be seeing full animations or compressed animations on either my PS3 or 360?

I keep mentioning that in gameplay - both platforms give you full beautiful uncompressed animations. When it comes to replays, I'm slowly starting to come to grips that maybe 360 is THE definitive version, but it sure would be nice to hear it from someone on the dev team. My goal is to get it on the platform that's going to give me Tiburon's full vision with minimal compromises.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
hey PS3ers...

do u guys see a white outline (very faint but def there) around every single player model?

demo only issue....yes?
K_GUN, I'm no pro, but I'm supposing that's the new lighting scheme they came up with on the models, to help them pop off of the screen. I'm sure it'll come in handy on some of those more contrasty fields - I can remember last year losing readability on guys when they ran into the shadows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
well guys, i have to say the graphics look better on the ps3 the game plays the same on both demos though.

here is the funny part .on instant replays the 360 looks much smoother than the ps3. and the ball does not rotate on the ps3( what is up with that) will this be fixed on the final build??????????
I just instant replayed a deep pass from Eli to Plax on the ball rotated while in air.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's there on the 360 demo too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
hey PS3ers...

do u guys see a white outline (very faint but def there) around every single player model?

demo only issue....yes?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 18

so what does that mean that the replays are compressed?. is this something they did for the demos only? . i guy over on the ncaa boards that the replays were fixed in the final version of ncaa 09( they had the same problem)

so does this meen when the game comes out the replays will be non compressed?

any feedback would be great
Old 08-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Ian would have to explain the technicallities(sp?) of this issue, but I am almost positive the replays will be compressed in final build as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok I have been playingthe demo like crazy. How in the world do I get it to replay my plays? Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »