Home

Question for Ian: End of Game A.I.

This is a discussion on Question for Ian: End of Game A.I. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Question for Ian: End of Game A.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I thought I read somewhere were Ian has said that the game isn't perfect and there's some things that he would've liked to have improved that didn't get done. I'm not him but that sounds like a solid answer to me? Better answer would be play the game first to see how often this happens. I do remember questioning Weis a couple of times when when Brady was passing and not running with late game leads. The no onside kick thing is fluky but again I'd prefer to play the game before rolling a designer onto the carpet. One thing alot of people forget is the reason why the AI will never completely call a game the same way a coach will is because of the "a" in the ai.
This is all fine and dandy, but as the previous poster pointed out, the AI in Madden 98 knew when to kick onside and when not too.

By the way, these two instances have occurred in the span of eight games.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

CPUs take knees but they dont kick onside kicks..but when they have the ball and their losing their offense becomes damn near impossible to stop at times
Old 08-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
CPUs take knees but they dont kick onside kicks..but when they have the ball and their losing their offense becomes damn near impossible to stop at times
Sounds like NCAA 09 on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Yea I see the same type of stuff in NCAA this year........and a lot of EA football games in the past. Makes me sad to think about. At times I think about calling timeouts for the AI in NCAA this year, then I'm just like f*** 'em. I still enjoy the game but would be really nice to see them get this right.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

They've only had 20 years to work on such and important aspect of sports, cool down about it. How can this area be neglected for 20 years? They always have these 2 min drills to practice yet they implement little into the game to make the computer handle the situation realistically.

Last edited by maddenps2; 08-01-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

i HIGHLY doubt this one will get answered.

but yea, its pretty depressing for sim players.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #15
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm hoping this issue gets patched at some point.

Having a close game more or less ruined by the cpu doing something so dumb, would be a major bummer. It's pretty amazing they let things like this end up in the retail version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

I've said it before and I'll say it again, EA, has shorten its own dev. cycle. There is no reason for EA to release this game in August none whatsoever. They could easily release this game a week after the season start or a couple of weeks after the season starts, and no one would care as long as they get a good game. They used to do it, but they fell into the "arms race" with Gameday on the PS1 and never looked backed.

You already have 100% of the market, now treat it as such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »