Home

Bring back the cone! on NextGen

This is a discussion on Bring back the cone! on NextGen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Bring back the cone! on NextGen

I realized why the passing game seems so overwhelming,and why crap QB's can rip you to shreds,and why reading the QB's eyes on defense becomes nearly impossible,and why you cant look off the coverage anymore! Its because the cone was removed.The cone was the best thing that ever happened to madden as far as the passing game is concerned,but just because people cry about it,they remove it from the game! Now what separates the average QB from Peyton and Brady? Nothing really.Taking off the cone was the biggest mistake EA has ever made,it makes playing defense a chore instead of being fun.There is nothing like the feeling of reading the QB's eyes and breaking on the ball before the pass is even thrown.Now this is not possoble.Now defense isnt fun anymore! And average QB's are just as good as the best QB's on the game.The same problem exists on NCAA 09 too.A lot of things could be fixed if they just put a REVISED version of the cone back into the game! please EA! make playing defense fun again! I mean if you think about it Super Tecmo Bowl even had a kind of "cone" in that you had to look at the reciever before you throw to him.The NEW edition of the cone should be default on the hardest level of the game period.If you're not good enough to use it then maybe the hardest level of the game isnt for you.Or maybe they should make a higher level than All-Madden or Heisman,where using the cone is required.I know I'm not the only one who thinks that defense was way more fun when the cone was standard.And you could move the defense with your eyes and look off safties.The passing game is just missing that realism now.Please EA,we need a new cone! now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Bring back the cone! on NextGen

I feel the complete opposite in every way. Maybe I suck, but the cone was just a nuisance and since I never played a db on defense it was pointless for me there too.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

NO , The passing cone was terrible. Not only does it take to much time to use but it also shows your opponent where you are looking to throw. Bad feature, let it die.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I thought it was great...and it helped remedy idiotic cheesers.

And as for knowing where you were going to throw.....you could have set your vision to another receiver other than your primary target pre-snap and made a switch and hit em during the play.

It made you really think about where you were going before the snap...you know something that Qbs actually have to do in real life

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Thank goodness the cone is gone.... people were exploiting it all over the place lol. Sexy Rexxy was the best qb in the game with the cone in place haha....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
it also shows your opponent where you are looking to throw. Bad feature, let it die.
hahaha... ya, we don't want too much realism here.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm actually a better passer with the cone, because i can key in on one receiver at a time and go through progressions better.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

yeah, the cone needs to be in.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »