Home

Leaked Footage

This is a discussion on Leaked Footage within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #41
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Leaked Footage

Im glad they got rid of radio guy, Im just concerned now that we are stuck with hammond for a few years now. Like if EA does what they typically would do, they are just going to add lines each year and not re-do anything. we will complain for 3-4 years and then they change it. Im hopingthat someone at EA is like, dude, hammond sucks lets get him out of here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
You know what I'd really like to see (if it did not somehow screw up three other things)?

At the end of the game I would like to see players who act as if they just won a game vs guys who just happen to be walking off the field.... another one of those things in past Maddens that has gone the way of the dinosaur....... emotion guys!!! Watching the clips of this game (and sadly buying past versions for approximately two weeks before trade-in) there is simply no effort to make the game feel like something exciting.
I understand what you are saying about the emotion but if you really think about it, how many times do you see players jumping up and down on the field after they win a game? That mostly happens in big games or if it was a close game to the end. In the NFL, if the game is pretty much out of hand they pretty much shake hands and jog off the field. They may wave to the fans or something but that's about it.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #43
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Did you notice the 5 ints and at the 3:45 mark Madden says "The Jets have a 2 score lead".............................yet the score is 21-0????

WTF?? LOL
The only thing i could think of about the 5 int is that he was playing on rookie.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #44
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

lmao hammond sound like the pbp guy in joe montana football on sega. Collinsworth sounds great though.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 08-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #45
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

The trouble with the fact that he was apparently playing on rookie (according to previous posts) is that you can't really take much from the videos, gameplay wise. Playing on rookie normally means more ints, but for those who keep mentioning the lack of "Robo QBs" the Rookie seeting could be the cause as well. In previous games (and in NCAA 09, now that I think of it) the QB is not rediculously accurate for the CPU on the lower difficulty levels. The "Robo QB" normally rears it's ugly head on the higher levels, as if to manufacture difficulty through it instead of through smarter AI playcalling and execution.

The problem I've always had with the difficulty levels in Madden is that it seems to tweak only the ability of the CPU players, and not the ability of the A.I. What I mean by that is if you go up the difficulty ladder, the AI should make smarter decisions. They should call and execute plays more effectively, take smarter angles on defense, create/find better holes on offense. What should it should not do is crank up the ability levels of the players, ie DBs jumping higher, LB's running faster, RB's developing a jedi like force field preventing them from being trackled, etc. Ratings seem to be "leveled" rather than incorporated when you do this. I obviously haven't played Madden 09, and it looks much improved from what I've seen, but I think it's really not going to be an issue that goes away until the way the game's difficulty is measured gets reconfigured.

By the way, this is more based on comparisons to what I've seen done properly in other sports series (I'm currently thinking of MLB 08, but there have been others) as it pertains to AI "adjustment." I know nothing of programming and how it relates to these issues (as I'm sure it shows somewhere) but I do feel it is something that can be accomplished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #46
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The trouble with the fact that he was apparently playing on rookie (according to previous posts) is that you can't really take much from the videos, gameplay wise. Playing on rookie normally means more ints, but for those who keep mentioning the lack of "Robo QBs" the Rookie seeting could be the cause as well. In previous games (and in NCAA 09, now that I think of it) the QB is not rediculously accurate for the CPU on the lower difficulty levels. The "Robo QB" normally rears it's ugly head on the higher levels, as if to manufacture difficulty through it instead of through smarter AI playcalling and execution.

The problem I've always had with the difficulty levels in Madden is that it seems to tweak only the ability of the CPU players, and not the ability of the A.I. What I mean by that is if you go up the difficulty ladder, the AI should make smarter decisions. They should call and execute plays more effectively, take smarter angles on defense, create/find better holes on offense. What should it should not do is crank up the ability levels of the players, ie DBs jumping higher, LB's running faster, RB's developing a jedi like force field preventing them from being trackled, etc. Ratings seem to be "leveled" rather than incorporated when you do this. I obviously haven't played Madden 09, and it looks much improved from what I've seen, but I think it's really not going to be an issue that goes away until the way the game's difficulty is measured gets reconfigured.

By the way, this is more based on comparisons to what I've seen done properly in other sports series (I'm currently thinking of MLB 08, but there have been others) as it pertains to AI "adjustment." I know nothing of programming and how it relates to these issues (as I'm sure it shows somewhere) but I do feel it is something that can be accomplished.
Maybe the adaptive ai will help .Maybe.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #47
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

There are alot of interceptions in madden. With no way to change cpu sliders I dont see a fix. I got a chance to play a game last night and I threw six ints.

Last edited by DereckM; 08-03-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #48
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napstar22
Maybe the adaptive ai will help .Maybe.
Maybe...but I'm pretty sure all it does is automatically adjust things the traditional way I mentioned (like sliders to get a "level" varried between the standard set difficulties). We'll just have to see

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »