Home

Madden for 360, PS3 for $50.99 shipped

This is a discussion on Madden for 360, PS3 for $50.99 shipped within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden for 360, PS3 for $50.99 shipped

FYI, www.sportsauthority.com currenty has free shipping on all orders over $50. Combining this with a 15% off code ULTIMATE15 gets the game down to $50.99 with no sales tax. Seems like a pretty good deal.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/searc...kw=madden&sr=1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden for 360, PS3 for $50.99 shipped

Good find. It works for the 360 too!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

It's great for those that don't mind waiting 6-10 business days to receive the game. Most people that browse this forum are first day buyers.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlyrzNumber1
It's great for those that don't mind waiting 6-10 business days to receive the game. Most people that browse this forum are first day buyers.
Or just buy it release day like everyone else and then return the shipped one unopened in 6 to 10 days if your not above that thing
Old 08-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33
Or just buy it release day like everyone else and then return the shipped one unopened in 6 to 10 days if your not above that thing
In actuality, being "not above that type of thing" translates to being "somewhere below honesty".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
And you are ?
Just someone trying to urge people to be honest. Honesty is a good habit to get into.

You have free speech to condone dishonesty; I have free speech to try to discourage it.

But actually, I think you believe it's wrong also. Why else would you have said "if you're not above that type of thing"?

Quote:
As gamestop or Walmart would be getting back the same exact game ... Whos getting cheated /Whos losing money
The Gamer would be using that store only to benefit himself. He would be saying "I'm purposely going to put two stores through the trouble of selling me something knowing full well that I'm going to return one", thus making them lose time with the wasted effort of processing the sale and processing the return. Granted, that type of dishonesty isn't on the same level of dishonesty as people who risk getting store employees in trouble by giving them fake vouchers for early release, but think about it: shouldn't we try to cultivate the best in people rather than appeal to their greedy, impatient sides?

Quote:
Never mind there always someone wanting to play Judge and jury , have fun .
In this modern society of "if it benefits you, do it" and moral relativism, we need more people willing to try to steer people toward more ethical behavior. As I said before, this isn't that big of a deal, but dishonesty often starts small. You let people think that small things like this are ok, and it will build up to "early release vouchers being okay", and then they'll be making fake coupons to get the game for $10 less (theft) and it will get deeper and deeper. If we don't encourage people to do the right thing even in small things, the wrong behavior snowballs. You can laugh at me all you want, but you know that what I'm saying about dishonesty growing from a small seed is true.

Quote:
$15 is alot of money for students ect in this economy for many people .
Yeah, that's what my parents always told me when I was a kid: "Be honest in all things, unless you're a student who doesn't have enough money to buy a game at full price or the patience to wait for a discounted game - in that case, cheat em cheat em cheat em".

Quote:
Hey Barney go find a jaywalker lol
As Mr. Fife always said "You gotta nip it, Andy. Nip it in the bud." And that's what I'm doing; trying to discourage even small habits of dishonesty before they grow into bigger habits of dishonesty.

Last edited by 2krules; 08-03-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: Madden for 360, PS3 for $50.99 shipped

Quote:
Ok you win , so anyone who doesnt wanna save $15 and enjoy a already overpriced bugfest game pay full price to EA.
This is a victum less venture as Madden sells Millions on release date or 6 days later , you know this is true.
Its funny people better off then others always preach virtues . Well try feeding virtues to a 5 year old and since you want nobody to sin maybe you can save me by paypaling me the $15 ?
Was I also wrong to switch my x360 at walmart that died 45 days after I paid $450 because I didnt wanna wait a month for a 4th replacement .
I also noticed the milk I bought yesterday only cost 1.99 and it should have been $2.99 so should I spend $4.00 in gas to give the stores who miss price million in their favor $1 ???
gee whiz wally what should I do ?
ya know the funny thing out of all of this is that you seem to be trying to justify your actions at Walmart based on products by EA and Microsoft. ??

I understand you probably have no real world experience in terms of how businesses actually run, but there actually is a cost associated with every returned item. And its probably several dollars. Sounds like chump change, right? Except that EA probably charges companies the vast majority of the 60$ list price just for them to purchase it. Then they paid a guy to stock it, paid a guy to ring you up, paid a guy to accept your return, probably paid a guy to fill something out regarding the return, and finally paid a guy to restock.

In the end, your actions are probably the difference between a profit and a loss for Walmart on that item. And all because you don't like how EA overprices their product? lol.

Face it, your cheap and dishonest. You'd probably do it even if they dropped the price to 50$ if you thought you could save yourself another 15$. And you know what, if your OK with that then fine. At least man up and own up to it, though.

Hopefully, you'll never raise any children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Ok you win , so anyone who doesnt wanna save $15 and enjoy a already overpriced bugfest game pay full price to EA.
If they don't want to pay $60, they can look for other deals, or buy it from Sports Authority and wait. 6-10 days ain't gonna kill anyone. But doing something dishonest so that they won't have to wait? Not good.

Anyway, if it's such an over priced bugfest, why buy it at all?

Quote:
This is a victum less venture as Madden sells Millions on release date or 6 days later , you know this is true.
It's not a "victimless venture". As roll2tide and I said, returned items cost time and money.

But the store isn't the biggest victim. Dishonesty's biggest victim is society at large.

Quote:
Its funny people better off then others always preach virtues .
Bull. It has nothing to do with amount of money. I know rich people and poor people who cheat. I know rich people and poor people who don't cheat.

Anyway, what makes you think I'm better off than you? Don't assume.

And even if I am better off than you, makes no difference about what is honest or dishonest.

Quote:
Well try feeding virtues to a 5 year old and since you want nobody to sin maybe you can save me by paypaling me the $15 ?
Hey, if a $45 or $60 expenditure is going to make an impact on whether you feed your kid or not, than I got news for you, bud: you shouldn't be buying the game at all.

Quote:
Was I also wrong to switch my x360 at walmart that died 45 days after I paid $450 because I didnt wanna wait a month for a 4th replacement .
Let me get this straight:

Your Xbox 360 died. You went to Walmart, bought a new Xbox 360, put your broken one back in their box, took it to Walmart, and they gave you money, thinking that the Xbox 360 that was in that box was the one they sold you? Is that what you're talking about?

If so, you bet it was wrong; it was dishonest. Surely you know that.

Quote:
I also noticed the milk I bought yesterday only cost 1.99 and it should have been $2.99 so should I spend $4.00 in gas to give the stores who miss price million in their favor $1 ???
Although it was marked at $2.99, it was probably on sale for $1.99. Happens to me all the time; they ring it up at a price lower than I expected, I say "I thought that was blah blah price", and they say "It's on sale".

But if you thought it was the wrong price at the time, maybe you should have spoken up.

If they give you a dollar more in change than they were supposed to, are you going to hand it back, or are you going to leave the store thinking "Suckers - they should learn how to count better"?

Quote:
gee whiz wally what should I do ?
Remember, you asked. So here's my advice, Beav:

Stop trying to rationalize dishonesty.

Last edited by 2krules; 08-03-2008 at 02:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »