Home

how EA should do motion capture for madden

This is a discussion on how EA should do motion capture for madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: how EA should do motion capture for madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Euphoria.
i want euphoria in madden more then anything but i doubt thell be doing that anytime soon if at all i beileve nhl09 used euphoria this year for hits soo i dont know why madden wouldnt at least use it in some type of way (just tackles leave everything else canned)

[quote=MomentousCeltic;2038564990]
You don't need an entire field to capture. What they use now is just fine.

-yea i was thinking they can just have the guys in the small area that madden has i mean they can do 4 on 4 ol/dl battles easily. i think ian said he wanted to get signature styles of all the starting qbs which i think is cool they really need ol/dl fights and cb wr battles on bombs and bump coverage

- i was saying get all the players mainly for scanning for the game i remember watching a vid where i beileve phil said they had some players who came in with there uniforms on and scanned them for the game just not all the players

Again, you don't need the whole team. CB/WR battles and OL/DL interaction can be captured and implemented via one person or through 2 player animation (takes control away from the user somewhat but looks better in the long run imo). You don't need to capture the ENTIRE O/Dlines

- i was thinking of that it would work well for o-line dline but i dont think it would work for wr/cbs because the field it was 15 yards? how are you going to capture the players battling running down the field for a deep pass?
Old 08-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

-yea i was thinking they can just have the guys in the small area that madden has i mean they can do 4 on 4 ol/dl battles easily. i think ian said he wanted to get signature styles of all the starting qbs which i think is cool they really need ol/dl fights and cb wr battles on bombs and bump coverage

You don't need to capture 4v4 OL/DL interaction though (don't know if that's even possible). You can capture 2 guys (one OL, one DL) performing different moves and get the same results.

- i was thinking of that it would work well for o-line dline but i dont think it would work for wr/cbs because the field it was 15 yards? how are you going to capture the players battling running down the field for a deep pass?

You don't actually have to capture the guys running down the field. All you need is the motions they make while they're running. They can just loop the animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #11
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Pass Rush Mocap for Madden from The Future on Vimeo.

This is a video that Ian posted a while back. You don't need the entire line to get the OL/DL to look good. They have most of the moves already it's just a matter of how they implement them and how they look in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic

This is a video that Ian posted a while back. You don't need the entire line to get the OL/DL to look good. They have most of the moves already it's just a matter of how they implement them and how they look in the game.
A slightly excessive bump I know, but in my opinion, they should at least motion capture a whole OL against a whole DL (4-3 and 3-4) to get the idea of double teams, gaps, etc. Even if it's only for one or two plays, it would be more useful than what they do in that video.

Last edited by Cryolemon; 10-16-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic

I remember that. It's a good video. I hope though that they captured some more moves and chain the moves so that if they fail they attempt to do something else rather than just standing around. You keep fighting until the whistle blows. That's a problem I see in this game. If a move fails they defender basically does exactly what the mo-cap guy does when he fails. Just stands there dancing with the lineman. No, keep fighting. If your inside club does not get you free go to another move like chop, rip under, swim, push and pull, do something, don't just have them do one move for sake of movement and stop. Keep fighting.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:49 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I remember that. It's a good video. I hope though that they captured some more moves and chain the moves so that if they fail they attempt to do something else rather than just standing around. You keep fighting until the whistle blows. That's a problem I see in this game. If a move fails they defender basically does exactly what the mo-cap guy does when he fails. Just stands there dancing with the lineman. No, keep fighting. If your inside club does not get you free go to another move like chop, rip under, swim, push and pull, do something, don't just have them do one move for sake of movement and stop. Keep fighting.
I can't wait to show you guys what we captured today.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #15
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

Speaking of animations, please don't forget to add collision animations between players on the same team. The running game suffers without this in place IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
When can you tell us?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »