Home

I have the answer for arcade and sim!!!

This is a discussion on I have the answer for arcade and sim!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
I have the answer for arcade and sim!!!

If ea wants to attract the casual gamer with an arcade version then go ahead. But if you want to attract the hardcore sim player then have both options built into one game. NO sliders do not count as a tool to turn the game into a hardcore sim. You have 2 options, sim and arcade. Its the best of both worlds. I am a hardcore sim player and honestly trying to get more the casual gamer is killing the hardcore guys and basically WE are the ones keeping this game going. The casual gamer is NOT going to but this every year, who does? The hardcore sim player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: I have the answer for arcade and sim!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
If ea wants to attract the casual gamer with an arcade version then go ahead. But if you want to attract the hardcore sim player then have both options built into one game. NO sliders do not count as a tool to turn the game into a hardcore sim. You have 2 options, sim and arcade. Its the best of both worlds. I am a hardcore sim player and honestly trying to get more the casual gamer is killing the hardcore guys and basically WE are the ones keeping this game going. The casual gamer is NOT going to but this every year, who does? The hardcore sim player.

That doesn't make any sense. Hardcore sim guys make up the minority, not the majority. Im a sim player myself but i wouldn't use the term hardcore. From my online experience more people are closer to arcade/cheese than sim. Its simply not possible for the minority to make up the majority of sales.

the other problem is that its not that the "arcade" guys really want another Blitz game. they want real football, they just also want to exploit each and eevry weakness both in your game and the game design at the same time. And while we're on that, i think far too many people think that just because they cant stop a certain defense or lack the manual skills to stop something when they are on defense then their opponent is cheese or isnt sim. well, i'll tell you right now that if an NFL coaching staff notices that your weak against the run up the middle or the deep ball or w/e.....they're going to gameplan around it and beat you like a damn drum. thats not cheese, thats just you getting your *** kicked and rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I have the answer for arcade and sim!!!

Maybe I am just wishing that the sim player made up the majority. Personally I could give a rats about online play. I enjoy making the sliders close to real stats and playing dynasty offline.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
That doesn't make any sense. Hardcore sim guys make up the minority, not the majority. Im a sim player myself but i wouldn't use the term hardcore. From my online experience more people are closer to arcade/cheese than sim. Its simply not possible for the minority to make up the majority of sales.

the other problem is that its not that the "arcade" guys really want another Blitz game. they want real football, they just also want to exploit each and eevry weakness both in your game and the game design at the same time. And while we're on that, i think far too many people think that just because they cant stop a certain defense or lack the manual skills to stop something when they are on defense then their opponent is cheese or isnt sim. well, i'll tell you right now that if an NFL coaching staff notices that your weak against the run up the middle or the deep ball or w/e.....they're going to gameplan around it and beat you like a damn drum. thats not cheese, thats just you getting your *** kicked and rightfully so.

well said... i think too many people get pissed off because they cant stop certain plays, and get pissed off and cry about it.. if you cant stop the slant routes, quit blitzing...lol alot of it is simple as that.. now granted, something like the special teams on NCAA is something thats legit, most arguments however, are not
Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
well said... i think too many people get pissed off because they cant stop certain plays, and get pissed off and cry about it.. if you cant stop the slant routes, quit blitzing...lol alot of it is simple as that.. now granted, something like the special teams on NCAA is something thats legit, most arguments however, are not
no we get pissed off when cheaters and cheesers come out of the middle of nowhere and ruin a good game that was great to play online two to three weeks ago before those clowns got online to win.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »