Home

All Madden, the most realistic and FAIR level

This is a discussion on All Madden, the most realistic and FAIR level within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14
All Madden, the most realistic and FAIR level

A little while ago, Ian mentioned a while ago in a thread with QB stats, that the QB's on All Madden are on steroids so to speak. All Madden should be the the hardest difficulty not because players play above their attributes constantly, but because the AI is at it's most intelligence and greatest effort. Aside from human controlled things being harder such as kicking, the game should be harder because CPU AI is playing at it's best without having a boost in attributes. As well, the AI should be even between both teams (meaning the CPU AI on passes for example react to balls in the air better then Human teammates) You'll need to have the knowledge to call the right plays to win the game, but you gotta have the sticks skills to win in Madden because you have to be executed with the players you got and control. All Madden should be the level for the hardcore Madden and/or football fan because it's the most realistic yet challenging.

While on the subject, we talk about having a sim mode/arcade modes. I don't even think that's necessary, at least on default settings. Generally a player that plays on All-Madden or All-Pro wants a very authentic experience in the first place. Therefore such environmental interactions like slipping, fumbled snaps, and other proposed very sim options that may not be for everyone that just wants a causal experience should be available by default on All Pro and All Madden, with the option to take them off by sliders or on/off switch. I think it would be better then making two type of game modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: All Madden, the most realistic and FAIR level

What you speak of requires programming good A.I. as opposed to just programming A.I. that cheats. The former requires effort put forth by developers, whereas the latter is the easier of the two.

Now, going by EA's track record for the past few Maddens, which is the more LIKELY to be picked?

Seriously... EA knows what you're saying is true. Alot of us have griped about it for years now. But quite frankly until their NFL license expires and there's some competition in the market, you may as well not bother with this one.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
What you speak of requires programming good A.I. as opposed to just programming A.I. that cheats. The former requires effort put forth by developers, whereas the latter is the easier of the two.

Now, going by EA's track record for the past few Maddens, which is the more LIKELY to be picked?

Seriously... EA knows what you're saying is true. Alot of us have griped about it for years now. But quite frankly until their NFL license expires and there's some competition in the market, you may as well not bother with this one.
So you think that just because they are the only game in town there not going to improve them game and make it more authentic even though we have developers actually posting on the forum and looking for feedback and ideas they present? It's just all a theatre?
Old 08-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
So you think that just because they are the only game in town there not going to improve them game and make it more authentic even though we have developers actually posting on the forum and looking for feedback and ideas they present? It's just all a theatre?
They're going to improve it and attempt to make it more authentic just because if they didn't they'd definitely go ahead and spark the customer uproar that has been building steadily over the past few years. But something that requires as much effort as having A.I. that just flat out plays well instead of reading your plays and just flat out cheating you in general, I wouldn't expect to see much effort going into it being corrected.

That's not to say that they absolutely won't do anything that'll improve it (they do little bits here and there... but the progress is too slow to be all that helpful). I just wouldn't expect the overhaul that it needs to be worked on until they have a financial reason to do so (meaning, competition threatening their sales).
Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

That's exactly what I've been getting at - the CPU playing smarter rather than having the ratings all skewed. But I doubt that's even possible given the processing power of consoles and the amount of effort that would have to go into it.

My favorite offense of all time - the run and shoot has yet to be emulated in videogame form even though Hawaii has been lighting up the scoreboards with it for years. It involves all 4 receivers reading the defense on the fly after the snap and changing their routes depending on the coverage they see. Think every route an option route. Programming that A.I. would be a job otherwise you'd think they'd have done it by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
That's exactly what I've been getting at - the CPU playing smarter rather than having the ratings all skewed. But I doubt that's even possible given the processing power of consoles and the amount of effort that would have to go into it.
Oh... it's very possible. It just takes effort. For example, the PC's power is practically limitless, but if you've played Madden on the PC you'll notice that it's pretty much the same as console versions.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

From what I remember NFL 2K5 would record your play calling tendencies and save it to your profile. And another person could play that profile without me and it'd be just like playing me. Hmmm. Instead of playing the CPU AI during the season you could play against people's profiles who know what the heck they're doing of course.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
From what I remember NFL 2K5 would record your play calling tendencies and save it to your profile. And another person could play that profile without me and it'd be just like playing me. Hmmm. Instead of playing the CPU AI during the season you could play against people's profiles who know what the heck they're doing of course.
Sounds like a good idea for a Madden implementation to me. Which means it probably won't happen... Oh well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »