Home

Why Does Stuff Like This Have to Happen?

This is a discussion on Why Does Stuff Like This Have to Happen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Why Does Stuff Like This Have to Happen?

Why does EA have to do this to us every year guys?

I want Madden to be good so bad that I feel terrible when I shell out $60 for a roster update with better graphics.

I truly respect Ian and the development team, so I have removed my video from this thread. It was dumb anyway and it should never have been put up in the first place.

I thank the moderators for keeping this thread open and hopefully we can utilize that and turn this into a productive thread.

After playing the demo for 09, I just feel as if certain things are just broken for me.

One, was the deep bomb working all the time.

Two, the gang-tackling seemed iffy at best.

I want Madden to succeed next year, and maybe, just maybe, I will try it this year.

Use this thread as a post for things that you didn't like about the game (full if you have it or demo) and things that can be patched, or otherwise altered by sliders in some way.

A couple of things I am going to do if I buy the game are:

1. Update Everyone To The Correct Facemasks

(I know that sounds so dumb but for some reason it bugs me so much to see Eli, AP, Peyton and many others with incorrect masks).

2. Test the Deep Bomb to see if it has been fixed and if it isnt, I will adjust sliders to fix it

3. Turn off the Commentary

(I wish there was a way to just turn of Hammond lol)

Last edited by gjsii13; 08-03-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Why Does Stuff Like This Have to Happen?

now that is just nitpicking
Old 08-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Give me a break. You can nitpick find crap like this in any sports game. And how the heck are you supposed to judge anything with a video that's like 2 frames per second?
Old 08-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Kind of off topic, but I hate that catching animation. Anyone else agree?
Old 08-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
Pro

JBucc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Kind of off topic, but I hate that catching animation. Anyone else agree?
That I agree with. Just because it happens way too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
Pro

Ahhhhhhh the internet. Giving pathetic human beings world-wide an audience.

Yeah, it's dumb. But to seriously make a video of it, put it on Youtube, and then give your glowing commentary on why EA Sports sucks, I mean come on. We've become an incredibly, incredibly pathetic complaining society, and the internet has magnified that so much. All anyone does now when they have a complaint about something, run to the 'net to bitch about it. We've all become a bunch of cry babies who cry to peers rather than actually do something about it.

STOP BUYING THE DAMN GAME. Is it really that hard to fathom? This piece of work is taking his time to make a video and complain, but he'll still be there first day to buy it, like everyone else who will run here after the first day or two of playing and start complaining about all the little things that are wrong with the game. And EA Sports does not care one bit, because they've got your $60.

And yeah I know, I'm a jerk. How dare I attack someone's personal choices on the internet. If some of these people would stop projecting their issues onto someone else and instead maybe start looking in the mirror and taking things upon themselves, maybe things would change eventually.

And making a Youtube video, or whining on a stupid message board is NOT the solution. But for some ridiculous reason, people think those things do more than speaking with your wallet. They see posting videos, or messages as somehow putting their personal feelings to the game rather than not spending the money. Or they just flat don't have the personal will-power to not buy the game. It's like a lot of these people believe they have to buy it and their life will not be complete unless they own a football game every year. And again, at that point EA does not care at all what your opinions are. Not one bit.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

That guys is obviously blindly playing 2k games ignoring all the issues they have.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

That is a perfect example of vainglory. Wanting to be noticed more than a critic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »