Home

What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens?

This is a discussion on What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens?

Open the editor so we can edit any and all about players/teams. If we want to create classic teams allow us to...even if def linemen wore jersey number in the 80's. No restrictions. If we want to create logos and/or uniforms, build a graphical engine that will allow customization with well-documented riules and inputs.

Let us expand what you produce to whatever we want it to be. Open customization. You give us what the NFL demands you give us, but let us alter/customize after that.

If so, your games will live forever...

C
Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #34
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly_fire
I have never played a WWE game. Are you saying they have a good damage system...something worth looking at for future Maddens?

If so, how does that work in the WWE game..details please
in wrestling games your body starts out green (now its just a blank outline). But when you work on a specific area, like the leg or arm to a point it turns red, they will favor it during the match by limping or holding on the damaged body part..
Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQman2121
Although this will never happen because people (as a whole) are simple minded and lazy - I would love to see the Overall rating that players are assigned with completely removed from the game.

In all honesty, what purpose does that number serve other to than to raise questions that no one has an answer for? Again, it's just the lowest form of ****-measurement that exist in sports gaming today.

Without an overall number in front of a players name you could have players like T.O. with a low catch rating in the high 70's (for a stud WR), while still maintaining his decent speed, strength, and blocking abilities and no one would be none the wiser.

The gamer would then be forced to look at each category and make a judgment call about what attributes are important to them, whether it be about team selection or drafting.

The speed burst button also needs too go. Tiburon could learn something from EA Canada and what they've been doing with the NHL series. Map speed burst to the analog stick and introduce a new lateral feature with that freed up button.

Also, to piggy back on that idea - custom controls so if I want to pitch or even stiff arm with the select button I can have the option too.

Spoiler
I may be in the minority, but I agree with you. I hesitate to bring up features from a 2K football game, lest I be branded a "fanboy", but I REALLY like APF because of the special attributes, NOT the ratings. If I needed a person to spread the field, I drafted a receiver with speed, if I needed a reliable guy to go to in the slot on 3 and 4, get a hands receiver. I haven't played it in awhile, but I remember thinking that was one of my fav things about APF.

Removing the speed burst button in NHL 09 was a GREAT move IMO. I am just not sure how it would translate into football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
I have never played a WWE game. Are you saying they have a good damage system...something worth looking at for future Maddens?

If so, how does that work in the WWE game..details please
Basically the system works where your wrestler will fatigue based on where you are doing the damage. If you keep working the head, it will get worse but his arms and legs will be fine. You fatigue based on damage inflicted on each part of your body. I think it's a good system.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
in wrestling games your body starts out green (now its just a blank outline). But when you work on a specific area, like the leg or arm to a point it turns red, they will favor it during the match by limping or holding on the damaged body part..
Do you think just monitoring fatigue, such as when someone runs the ball too many times is a good start. Do you think that trying to monitor if a guy twisted his ankle or hurt his back real time during a game may be overkill?
Old 08-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Do you think just monitoring fatigue, such as when someone runs the ball too many times is a good start. Do you think that trying to monitor if a guy twisted his ankle or hurt his back real time during a game may be overkill?
I would be afraid EA would over do it, but it would be an improvement if say that twisted ankle effected his speed, agility, juke, and spin ratings.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #39
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Sliders for Fatigue and Game Speed...

Edit: Also, give us the ability to fully customize our players like in year's past: skin tone, hair, etc.

Last edited by RGiles36; 08-03-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

A lot of the stuff I'd like to see have been in prior football games.

I want to be able to customize the stadium sounds/music, like in NCAA 09, but I want it to be a lot more elaborate. One of the ESPN 2K football games allowed for different clips instead of just a complete song or playlist.

I've always wanted more customization in franchise mode. Create players. Change positions.

I wish I could create a team but use the rosters of a specific team. One of the main things is that I'd like to take a current team and change some things around. I don't see the point of create a team if the AI is just going to give me a ton of AI created players. And I'd also like to be able to use a current team's Logo as well.

Or make it simple, let me create uniforms for current teams.

I'd LOVE the ability to turn any feature on or off. Do I need the weapons icons on the field? No, I don't. I know there's more, but I can't think of them all and you get the point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »