Home

What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens?

This is a discussion on What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #41
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: What kind of customization would you like in future Maddens?

All these suggestions are pretty much spot on. Basically it comes down to this EA.........Give us Options and Settings (that are very tweakable and work) up the A**, and we'll be like kids in a candy shop
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #42
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Owner Mode where you can renovate/rebuild stadiums. Give us an art tool for replacing parts of stadiums with other parts already in the game, or create a new stadium for an expansion team. Relocate teams and such. Like the old gen Madden but with more tools.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Basically the system works where your wrestler will fatigue based on where you are doing the damage. If you keep working the head, it will get worse but his arms and legs will be fine. You fatigue based on damage inflicted on each part of your body. I think it's a good system.
But special team players are the most likely to get hurt (there was a report on this awhile back) and they are on the field the least.

Plus some of the best running backs have always gotten better as the game went on.

To me this is very much at the bottom of something I am interested in. Fatigue slider/tuning would be great though so when I have a 30 yard run with my RB and he juked out 5 guys he needs to take a rest.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 31

I would like to see a tuning file/sliders available to the user on all the ratings so if we feel that the average catch rating for everyone in the game is low we raise it....etc

Then tuning files/sliders on every aspect of the game like fumbles, penalties (current ones don't work), injuries.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:36 AM   #45
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Actually, I just thought of another area in which comparing Madden and SvR is interesting... both are games with HUGE fan bases who wish another company could compete with them.

The SvR series is so ridiculously in need of an overhaul, it's sad. THQ makes EA look like Blizzard.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 03:04 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sliders. Sliders. Sliders!

I want tons of sliders for every imaginable aspect of football, break the sliders we have had in the past down into subcomponents and give a slider for each.

For example: Instead of just "QB accuracy" break that down into arm strength, arm speed, pocket accuracy, scrambling accuracy, read speed (for CPU slider), accuracy stamina, clutch play accuracy, short accuracy, bomb accuracy etc, etc...

Do the same for team and coach tendencies.

Add some "game speed" type sliders for global movement, acceleration, ball speed, etc, etc..

And especially, make it so the sliders have very noticeable effects; if we set interceptions to zero there should never be an interception. If we set interceptions to 100 there should be crazy insane interceptions all over the place. Scale the sliders so that they allow for the user to get reasonably realistic gameplay in the 40 to 60 range.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 2

change ratings in franchise. change the length of socks and color of shoes.

add that little mouthpiece larry johnson wears.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:39 AM   #48
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
add that little mouthpiece larry johnson wears.
Don't worry about that, he wont be in the league much longer.

o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »