Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #106
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Some news about Madden NFL 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
This is great news. Hope he mainly does work on the draft
Besides the gameplay issues, I hope that imported NCAA players will have their correct attributes (the same speed, agility, acceleration, route running and catch attributes that are assigned to them when they are exported). It makes no sense that these attributes are randomly generated.

I quit playing Madden regularly in '07. I was already turned off by the gameplay, but I kept playing because I could still import draft classes. After that became pointless, I quit playing. Madden '09 is the first Madden game that I have not bought.

Last edited by Jason_19; 03-28-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
Besides the gameplay issues, I hope that imported NCAA players will have their correct attributes (the same attributes that are assigned to them when they are exported). It makes no sense that the attributes are randomly generated.

I quit playing Madden regularly in '07. I was already turned off by the gameplay, but I kept playing because I could still import draft classes. After that became pointless, I quit playing. Madden '09 is the first Madden game that I have not bought.
I disagree. I think I know what you mean though.

There's no way players can be exported and keep the same ratings, because then they'd be even higher rated coming into Madden. I think that almost all of their ratings should take a 3-5 point hit, except for speed/agility/acceleration. 1-2 points at most for that.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #108
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I disagree. I think I know what you mean though.

except for speed/agility/acceleration. 1-2 points at most for that.
That's what I meant. Speed, agility and acceleration should not be changed at all. Also, route running and all catch attributes should not be changed. Depending on what the strength attribute actually does, it's possible that it should not be changed, either.

Even before the attributes became randomly generated, when the speed, agility and acceleration attributes were just scaled down, it was enough to ruin the game for me.

Last edited by Jason_19; 03-28-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
That's what I meant. Speed, agility and acceleration should not be changed at all. Also, route running and all catch attributes should not be changed. Depending on what the strength attribute actually does, it's possible that it should not be changed, either.

Even before the attributes became randomly generated, when the speed, agility and acceleration attributes were just scaled down, it was enough to ruin the game for me.
I feel that college players coming to the NFL SHOULD take a hit on those ratings you spoke of. Keep in mind, the jump from NCAA to the NFL is a big one. What might have worked in college isn't going to always work in the NFL. There's going to be an experience differential. That's why I feel only the attributes you really "can't coach" should be relatively untouched. In my eyes, those would be: Speed, acceleration, and jumping. Other than those, I think they should all be nuked quite a few points.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:15 AM   #110
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I feel that college players coming to the NFL SHOULD take a hit on those ratings you spoke of. Keep in mind, the jump from NCAA to the NFL is a big one. What might have worked in college isn't going to always work in the NFL. There's going to be an experience differential. That's why I feel only the attributes you really "can't coach" should be relatively untouched. In my eyes, those would be: Speed, acceleration, and jumping. Other than those, I think they should all be nuked quite a few points.
That "jump" isn't as large as it once was. Players, in general, are quickly becoming far more "advanced" than they once were. For many NCAA players, there isn't much of a transition at all. After training camp, preseason and a few NFL games, many players, some players who weren't even that great in college, are quickly fitting right in as starters in the NFL.

Route running should not decrease. You hardly ever see any receiver at any level lose their route running ability, unless a player just starts making lazy cuts/movements.

You can't really become a worse route runner, unless you're a player with a lazy attitude because if someone ever starts slacking on their route running skills, it's going to show because that player is going to realize that corners are defending them a lot better and easier. My point is, speaking as a player, you're not going to keep running lazy routes. Even if you do, you still know how to properly run a route and have the ability to do so. You can't fault the receivers because there's no attribute for route running consistency.

I can kind of see how other people can see that catching ability should be lowered because the mental side of the game can't be factored into ratings. With that being said, I still feel that catch attributes should remain the same because, just like route running, your catching ability does not become worse just because you're changing levels of competition.

Last edited by Jason_19; 03-29-2009 at 05:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »