Home

Ian...Will the lack field degradation be fixed in the patch?

This is a discussion on Ian...Will the lack field degradation be fixed in the patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #65
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Ian...Will the lack field degradation be fixed in the patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQman2121
I think the more pressing issue is in the second vid, where Philly scores and the defenders run the other way around the five yard line. What the hell is going one there?
If it has the same defensive pursuit problems as NCAA then I will consider Madden to be a flop as well. Only time will tell I guess.

I guess I can just chalk it up to the community's slogan for EA: Wait until next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #66
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
You know what the worse part is? We've been discussing this particular issue on these forums for 3 days now and no one from EA has yet to respond. A little word from Ian or Phil would go a long way.....People have even sent PM's to them and have yet to get a reply...
You know, maybe the patch will fix the lack of field degradation. Maybe they aren't giving us answers since they can't release any info about the patch. It seems like the only logical reason as to why they aren't giving us any answers...
Old 08-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
You know, maybe the patch will fix the lack of field degradation. Maybe they aren't giving us answers since they can't release any info about the patch. It seems like the only logical reason as to why they aren't giving us any answers...
Wishful thinking, I like it!
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #68
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Yeah it is wishful thinking but like I said before I can't see any other reason for them to not give us any answers. Ian has been on the forums since this thread has been created and he hasn't said anything about it which is unlike him. I'm pretty sure people working at EA that got the game first noticed the problem and since some of them are probably the ones making the patch like I said, maybe the patch will fix it.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #69
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Lets hope so because this thread is quickly becoming famous for the amount of ducking thats being done here by Ian/Phil.

Right now I just want the truth and the process behind it. Especially considering that this was functional at the Community Day.......

and then my experience with Adem and NCAA..and the lack of knowledge of what was actually on the disc by the dev team.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 25

Do you know what is holding madden back from being AMAZING?

The friggin engine which drives the damn game itself!!! Look at it this way...they have been using essentially the same engine since 01 (yes that is correct...01). In 04 they modified it to include Offensive/Defensive hot routes, gang tackles etc. Back then we had the same issues. Suspect Ai on Defense, jet packing, teleporting etc. those were never fixed nor could they be fixed as it would mean they would have to RE-Do the whole damn game. So it just made sense for them to "HIDE" those issues as best they could.

Fast forward to now......Same issues...NO RESOLUTION. Why? Same friggin engine from 8 yrs ago....same friggin problems. This could have ALL BEEN AVOIDED...IF...they never bothered to do 06 on next gen first off.

That time should have been spend developing a NEW engine from scratch. When madden went next-gen, it should have looked NOTHING LIKE MADDEN!! It SHOULD have played NOTHING like madden. It should have been something completely different.

What makes madden NOW next gen???

ANswer......NOTHING!!! Everything we have (or dont have) now WEN HAVE HAD ALL ALONG!!!

What have we gotten really?? Honestly, dont hold back.....i know it may take a while to come up with something...and dont say GRAPHICS...cuz they have not been "NEXT-GEN"
Old 08-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #71
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Do you know what is holding madden back from being AMAZING?

The friggin engine which drives the damn game itself!!! Look at it this way...they have been using essentially the same engine since 01 (yes that is correct...01). In 04 they modified it to include Offensive/Defensive hot routes, gang tackles etc. Back then we had the same issues. Suspect Ai on Defense, jet packing, teleporting etc. those were never fixed nor could they be fixed as it would mean they would have to RE-Do the whole damn game. So it just made sense for them to "HIDE" those issues as best they could.

Fast forward to now......Same issues...NO RESOLUTION. Why? Same friggin engine from 8 yrs ago....same friggin problems. This could have ALL BEEN AVOIDED...IF...they never bothered to do 06 on next gen first off.

That time should have been spend developing a NEW engine from scratch. When madden went next-gen, it should have looked NOTHING LIKE MADDEN!! It SHOULD have played NOTHING like madden. It should have been something completely different.

What makes madden NOW next gen???

ANswer......NOTHING!!! Everything we have (or dont have) now WEN HAVE HAD ALL ALONG!!!

What have we gotten really?? Honestly, dont hold back.....i know it may take a while to come up with something...and dont say GRAPHICS...cuz they have not been "NEXT-GEN"
While you may have some valid points, lets try and stay on the topic of this thread......trust me there will be plenty of other places to post your concerns real soon

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #72
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Even if they can't discuss the patch, he can at least give us a "we're looking into it" answer....Any kind of answer is better than no answer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »