Home

M09 Audibles : Do you know how BIG this is?

This is a discussion on M09 Audibles : Do you know how BIG this is? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
M09 Audibles : Do you know how BIG this is?

So I played the demo and I was skeptical at first, but I cant give a full opinion just by playing the demo. My short review in one word? Promising.

But the big thing in this years madden is not "the game that adapts to you" like the commercials have been boasting.

Its moreso the return of the AUDIBLES, which really means "the real gamers who adapt to your defense".

Any one can pick a good team, learn a few basics, and coast to victory in a lot of cases in Madden (i.e. Patriots + Noob= win).

But when it comes to those audibles its all about knowledge. Its all about reading defenses and exploiting the other persons mistakes. This will make Madden a chessmatch again on so many levels.

Last year I didnt understand why they had the "smart" weapons which allowed you to see plays but only a limited amount of audibles to abuse your opponent. Now that they have this feature, which isnt on-the-fly but close enough, I can pick up where Madden 06 on PS2 left off.

I do alot of critiquing and outright bashing, but EA got it right at least in this gamers book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: M09 Audibles : Do you know how BIG this is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the member
So I played the demo and I was skeptical at first, but I cant give a full opinion just by playing the demo. My short review in one word? Promising.

But the big thing in this years madden is not "the game that adapts to you" like the commercials have been boasting.

Its moreso the return of the AUDIBLES, which really means "the real gamers who adapt to your defense".

Any one can pick a good team, learn a few basics, and coast to victory in a lot of cases in Madden (i.e. Patriots + Noob= win).

But when it comes to those audibles its all about knowledge. Its all about reading defenses and exploiting the other persons mistakes. This will make Madden a chessmatch again on so many levels.

Last year I didnt understand why they had the "smart" weapons which allowed you to see plays but only a limited amount of audibles to abuse your opponent. Now that they have this feature, which isnt on-the-fly but close enough, I can pick up where Madden 06 on PS2 left off.

I do alot of critiquing and outright bashing, but EA got it right at least in this gamers book.
I completely agree with you. I would rather have true on the fly audible selection from the playbook menu,but this will definatly do.

My second favorite innovation is actually new and I never heard it mentioned till I found it in the Demo by accident... but the ability to Bluff show different plays you are running from the line of scrimmage is BRILLIANT for human-vs-human play. Its frustrating sometimes calling an audible and not know exactly every route for everyone and once you pull up the route screen your opponent would know it as well, this new feature eliminates it all, and adds a whole new chess match if you bring up a false play quickly to try and sneak one over your opponent.

My optimism is higher than ever this year.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes. For them not to include it for the past 3 years was just plain stupid.

And yes all the bluffs are nice.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner
I completely agree with you. I would rather have true on the fly audible selection from the playbook menu,but this will definatly do.

My second favorite innovation is actually new and I never heard it mentioned till I found it in the Demo by accident... but the ability to Bluff show different plays you are running from the line of scrimmage is BRILLIANT for human-vs-human play. Its frustrating sometimes calling an audible and not know exactly every route for everyone and once you pull up the route screen your opponent would know it as well, this new feature eliminates it all, and adds a whole new chess match if you bring up a false play quickly to try and sneak one over your opponent.

My optimism is higher than ever this year.
Theres gonna be many like us this year when the game comes out.

The bluff is really great too like you said. I plan on just showing my real play personally...lol. People will automatically think its fake now...lol.

I loved the On-the-fly feature and I wish it were there too. But I can always call a sweep and have every type of play at my disposal at the line of scrimmage. Plus I always hot route my recievers anyway.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Though I can see why there should be feelings of optimism, I can't help but feel disappointed after hearing some of the issues reported with the game. Lack of field degradation, lack of cpu sliders, robo qb etc.....I know I'm being quite the opposite of "optimistic", but I've lost all sense of enthusiasm for the game...I'm hoping that some of these issues get resolved via a patch, or even better, that they're non existent....Otherwise, I'll be one unhappy sports gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Though I can see why there should be feelings of optimism, I can't help but feel disappointed after hearing some of the issues reported with the game. Lack of field degradation, lack of cpu sliders, robo qb etc.....I know I'm being quite the opposite of "optimistic", but I've lost all sense of enthusiasm for the game...I'm hoping that some of these issues get resolved via a patch, or even better, that they're non existent....Otherwise, I'll be one unhappy sports gamer.
I can understand your gripe. But for me (emphasis on ME)

I dont pay attention to things like field goal nets, sidelines, and field degredation....or tattoos. I know these are problems, but I just cant find a reason to care.

I never use sliders on any game personally, thats just me.

The robo QB thing would be a problem, but I rarely play the computer and if so I only do so for practice/scheme purposes.

I havent used the franchise since high school (4yrs ago)
Never used that Superstar thing.
I dont even play season mode.

All I need is a campus apartment full of guys willing to put up 10+ dollars and its on.

or someone online with a headset.

As long as the game is playable and dense in "usuable features" like hitstick, highlight stick, formation audibles, etc. Im good.

Last edited by the member; 08-04-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
Banned

I love the audible options this year.. It's one of the things I can say are my favorite things about this year's game.

Last edited by akademiks; 08-04-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by the member
I can understand your gripe. But for me (emphasis on ME)

I dont pay attention to things like field goal nets, sidelines, and field degredation....or tattoos. I know these are problems, but I just cant find a reason to care.

I never use sliders on any game personally, thats just me.

The robo QB thing would be a problem, but I rarely play the computer and if so I only do so for practice/scheme purposes.

I havent used the franchise since high school (4yrs ago)
Never used that Superstar thing.
I dont even play season mode.

All I need is a campus apartment full of guys willing to put up 10+ dollars and its on.

or someone online with a headset.

As long as the game is playable and dense in "usuable features" like hitstick, highlight stick, formation audibles, etc. Im good.
Yea I hear ya...I'm the complete opposite.....I don't do much of the head to head competition thing, so I want the cpu AI to play as close as possible to real life. I'm huge on Franchise/Dynasty mode and believe that it's the bread and butter of the series. I know online play is steadily becoming the future of Madden gaming but I'm old school....Different strokes for different folks I guess...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »