Home

Field Degradation (non) update from EA

This is a discussion on Field Degradation (non) update from EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Field Degradation (non) update from EA

So you guys still don't know if it was taken out as a result of code or design?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #10
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I have read that a few folks might be thinking that we're "ducking" out of the field degradation issue...so I figured I'd drop a real quick update. Unfortunately I am not in the office so I didn't want to comment until I had some real facts and (as well as see it for myself and everything). Phil will probably respond before I can as I think he's had some folks looking into the posts stating that it doesn't seem to be working.

So anyways, sorry for the lack of an update (and current lack of info), just wanted to make sure you guys knew that we are hearing the feedback and looking into it...just since I haven't been able to give any more info that's why I haven't responded.

That's all we wanted. Thanks Ian. Keep us updated. Mods you can close my thread.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #11
Rookie

I'm really happy to finally hear from a guy from EA. Although that is great it also means that whoever said about it possibly being in a patch means it probably isn't in the patch. I could really see it as some stupid code that was put into the game and a real quick fix. I really hope so because these mud games look incredible. So big props to the EA guys. Hope you can fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #12
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Finally, I knew Ian wouldn't be ducking no questions...I'm sure you've dealt with way more heat than this. But thanks for the update. Makes me feel a lot better.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 14

Thanks Ian! Greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #14
Mr. N*c*

WhiskeyD0G's Arena

OVR: 4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this could be fixed with a "patch".
Old 08-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Well someone had said that maybe it was in there. And personally as it was shown in one of pasta's videos. That there was field deg, so if it was in why would they scrap all that code and then say where not doing it. I figure it is in there somewhere, heck I could be wrong but IMO it just isn't logical to delete all that code. Maybe I'm wrong with that though. We won't know for at least a couple of days, and I'm ok with that because at least the time between now and the 12th will have me scouring this site for info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #16
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Well he said the field degration "doesnt seem to be working", so Im thinking its in, its just not getting activated for whatever reason. Much better than hearing " sorry guys we had to take it out due to....."
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »