Home

Field Degradation (non) update from EA

This is a discussion on Field Degradation (non) update from EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Field Degradation (non) update from EA

Yea, which is why I think it will be fixed via a patch. Which will suck for people that don't have live. But yea if it was in 08 that would mean scrapping all the code and then scrapping all the models for the fields and that doesn't make any sense. But glad to hear a response. This seems like a big deal to some and to me it is, that steelers and dolphins game was amazing and that is what I want to be able to do in madden.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Does this have anything to do with NCAA aswell?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #19
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I hope it's in the game and they get it working.

But more importantly I think it's great that EA has Ian over hear hearing from us die hards. This forum as a whole has more combined sports experience that translate into ideas and recommendation than EA could ever hire out, and they can get it all for free.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea, we can basically be testers for EA for free. Never thought of it that way. Good point Caine.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #21
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I was just watching the preview on Inside Xbox that was posted today. It was all about the presentation and they mentioned how good the field degradation looks so even the EA people seem to think it is in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 01:00 AM   #22
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

^^^Yeah clearly the dev teams for NCAA and Madden aren't on the same page......because I had multiple conversations with Adem about this issue in NCAA....

and each time he told me that the art director he had talked to said it was working in the game.....obviously it wasn't for the people who had the retail copy though.

I figure the same thing might have happened with Madden....Lets just hope theres enough time for some type of fix...and Ian and his team are able to communicate more effectively in the future because of this.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:14 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25

the field degrading was actually one of my favorite aspects of the next gen maddens....the rest not so much.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Finally, I knew Ian wouldn't be ducking no questions...I'm sure you've dealt with way more heat than this. But thanks for the update. Makes me feel a lot better.

LOL, you guys still don't get it....I'm beginning to think that 80% of the ppl here are kids around the age of 14. The Ian guy is doing just that, "ducking the question". The guy is supposedly a Madden designer so it's either two things.

A. He's ducking the question.

B. He's not a lead designer.

There's no way he can be a lead designer and not know info on his OWN GAME that he help design. That's NOT impossible. So that's why I choose 'A'.

Also, I don't know why you ppl keep asking Ian/Phil about certain details of this game. As part of the agreement to getting the copy/game early, they have obviously traded in their FREEDOM OF SPEECH so they will not be saying anything negative about the game before it's released.

Last edited by MaximusPower; 08-05-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »