Home

New info, rookie draft, super bowl, award winners, etc

This is a discussion on New info, rookie draft, super bowl, award winners, etc within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New info, rookie draft, super bowl, award winners, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox
He only showed the top 15 picks, dinglenuts.
I was thinking the same thing....but didn't want to bring it up

Revelation, I think you're referring to the other draft thread...the one with generated names...not imported from a draft class, because the one in this topic didn't have 5 QB's go in the first 5 picks...that was the other one. But still.....this one wasn't much better. Really high ratings, odd position picks, etc.

Last edited by KojiPro; 08-06-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiPro
I was thinking the same thing....but didn't want to bring it up

And also, you can check the other draft thread....the one with generated players....not with a draft class from NCAA, and the same type of garbage happened. I think the first 5 players drafted were QB's.

The high ratings aside I'd rather import a draft class and play with the players I played against in NCAA 09.

EA really needs to put on a cap on rookie player ratings though. Something around 84 for the top of the draft players and progressively lower.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox
The high ratings aside I'd rather import a draft class and play with the players I played against in NCAA 09.

EA really needs to put on a cap on rookie player ratings though. Something around 84 for the top of the draft players and progressively lower.
I hope they do....but didn't they have this problem in the years past? And they still haven't fixed it....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 03:29 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 33

Why should there be a cap for 84 for a rookie? I'd love to see number 1 picks start at like 92 or 78 or anywhere in between.

I know many don't share my sentiment, but I like massive variations, gems, real busts, and not knowing what you're getting in the draft.

I hate knowing that the 20th pick of the draft has an overall of between 75-78 or something like that.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Why should there be a cap for 84 for a rookie? I'd love to see number 1 picks start at like 92 or 78 or anywhere in between.

I know many don't share my sentiment, but I like massive variations, gems, real busts, and not knowing what you're getting in the draft.

I hate knowing that the 20th pick of the draft has an overall of between 75-78 or something like that.
I don't mind variation or hidden gems occasionally, but so far most of the draft tests have have at least one guy in the 92 range. One guy even said he drafted a DE rated 97!!! If this happened once every three years or so...it might not be so bad. This is only my opinion,looks like you will be happy with it though
Old 08-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Last year's "import draft class" feature was a mixed bag. For example, I drafted Colt Brennan in the first round, who was previously a 97 in NCAA 08. In Madden, Brennan was only a 75, while lower rated players in NCAA 08 like Brian Brohm were rated 10 to 15 points higher.

On the other hand, Early Doucet, who was drafted in the third round in this year's real NFL draft, was an astronomical 91 overall in my Madden 08 draft. I think it all depends on certain attributes of players and what Madden interprets as a player's rating in the pros.
with rookies in 08 and past Maddens, they have to be a certain size/weight and if they are below the threshold (it either one of a minimum size or a minimum weight, i.e. RB's had to be 5'10", DT's had to be 290lbs), they get capped to like no higher than 75 OVR, basically EA considers small and lightweight players to be nothing more than project player material.

so for this idea several posters have mooted about all rookies being capped to no higher than 85: EA DO cap players so they could quite easily implement the max 85 OVR for all rookies idea.

also i'd love to know do imported draft classes still throw up 'old' rookies, particularly the ps2 version?

Last edited by Anarchy666; 08-07-2008 at 02:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »