Home

Madden 09 Roster & Patch Update

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Roster & Patch Update within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 01:08 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 09 Roster & Patch Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Outstanding if you can get CPU sliders in (unless I'm misunderstanding that part). I didn't know that was possible to be patched in.

Can someone explain what a DLC is and is that something available to silver account holders on X-Box Live?
DLC= Downloadable Content if I'm not mistaken. You'll be able to get it off PSN probably, or the game itself when you go online. Not sure how XBOX live works, but the EA guys said it's free. Don't know about the color coded X-Box live system . PSN ALL THE WAY!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Wrong guy! Quick, make a pun about Philly cheese steak!

I'm well aware ... I just couldn't think of something clever for Phil. I figure since they are a tag team now, all is good.

They deserve a kiss for this... I'll see if I can hook it up with some of the pimps I know in their area.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #43
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Love the ideas in the DLC... hoping it's free, though.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for the update Filly. I had crossed Madden off of my list, as I did with NCAA. I was optimistic about Madden until the negative reports surfaced a few days ago. It looks like I may be picking it up after all, trusting that the patches will be out soon.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:32 AM   #45
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Thumbs down Re: Madden 09 Roster & Patch Update

You would think there'd be a patch so we can pick our own jerseys online...Guess thats too difficult to program

/sarcasm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 01:32 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
It's great and all what EA is doing but this has become the norm with games. I'm going to buy it but as a earlier poster stated. These issues should have been addressed before going Gold
I guess I am frustrated by NCAA 09 and now I am starting to read about some of the same issues in Madden 09. Just want to play a game without major issues right out of the box, which is yet to be determined when this game releases. Again I am grateful that you are working and addressing these issues.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

First off, great site and forums

I have been a non-buyer of any EA Sports game on next-gen. One of my friends has purchased every Madden and NCAA game since '06 and has regretted every purchase, I have tried them all and was very disappointed. I always thought about all the really nice next-gen games out and how these EA games could be put out year in and year out with so many things wrong with them.

I read about all of the glitches, problems, and omissions (CPU Sliders gone....I mean cmon...) in this years games and it further degraded my thought of EA.

I then discovered this site...I read the multiple threads about all of the problems and the admirable work on both forums by the EA representatives in relaying news, explaining processes, and getting feedback.

I will now say that IF EA comes through with the patches and the DLC for NCAA 09 and Madden 09, they will have gained back a longtime customer as I would then buy both games. I am still holding out until the patches AND DLC are released however... forgive me for being skeptical but after the past 3 years on next-gen I have no choice.

I am very encouraged by the recent announcements, especially this one by Phil. I look forward to buying, and enjoying an EA Sports game this year, and hopefully next year the games can be what I know they could have been all along.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 12

The "button-mashing" glitch, is that related to all the disconnect glitches which are rampant in Madden 08 online?

If not, have those disconnect glitches been fixed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »