Home

Not only does EA really not have any incentive to put out a great game but...

This is a discussion on Not only does EA really not have any incentive to put out a great game but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #25
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Not only does EA really not have any incentive to put out a great game but...

Its not fair to lump all of EA into one group. The BC Studio is doing some great work with the NHL and FIFA series, its the Tiburon clowns who are driving the stake into the heart of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #26
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Not only does EA really not have any incentive to put out a great game but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
Its not fair to lump all of EA into one group. The BC Studio is doing some great work with the NHL and FIFA series, its the Tiburon clowns who are driving the stake into the heart of Madden.
This man speaks (writes) the truth. I don't play NHL, but the FIFA games are outstanding.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Interesting theory but I can't agree with you. The points you bring up about 2k's game is not really valid. I'm 31 years old and have been playing sports football games since the atari 2600. I had every version of madden up until 2003, when I bought my first 2k game. I was blown away. Then NFL2k5 came out and I never touched madden again. Best game I have ever played and to this day (in my opinion mind you), nothing has come close. People still play that game tho, not because it had everything, but because their is no other alternative for an NFL game other than madden. If the license was still available for other publishers, then 2k would have come out with more NFL games and people would have bought them.

Now, the problem I see with EA is the fact that we are now in the 3rd year of the "next gen" consoles, and I (along with 1000s of other die hard football fans) have yet to see anything close to resembling what we imagined next gen football to be. Let's face it, madden 2005 was probably the best madden game ever, was it a coincidence that that same year was the best "other" football game too? 2k raised the bar and EA had to compete. I remember playing 2k5 and being submersed in the online leagues for hours upon hours and thinking "how amazing is the NEXT version going to be?". I don't subscribe to that fanboy crap or anything like that. I just want a great football game. If you are going to buy out your competition like EA did, then don't **** us over with mediocre **** when you promise great things. They bought the ESPN license, and they don't even use it. They add "new features" like gang tackling that were already in 2k5. What about assigning a defender to a receiver? You STILL can't do this in Madden but you could in 2k5. How about the ESPN presentation? 2k5 looked like you were watching the game on ESPN. It had overlays, ESPN style graphics, sportscenter... How long has EA had the license for ESPN? Football fans have a right to be pissed off and to expect more. The game is 60 bucks!!! Especially since the "other" game did it nearly 5 years ago now on an "old gen" system. I think Ian Cummings is a guy who "gets it", but come on, there is just no excuse for any of this stuff to be missing. A better product will yield better sales. Eventually, laziness comes back to bite you in the ***. I am a software engineer for a very LARGE software company that dominated the market with our software type for many years. We grew complacent, until another company made a better product and we lost A LOT of customers. The same thing can be said for EA when it comes to Madden. Like I said, it doesn't matter who makes the game in my mind, if it is a great game, I will want to buy it and play it, but don't buy out the competition, limit my choice, and then put out a half assed piece of crap claiming to have "new" features which already existed years ago in other games.
yeah, well, so basically you agree with me, i don't think you read all my posts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »