Home

Madden NFL 09: Ups and Downs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09: Ups and Downs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 09: Ups and Downs

I never get excited for madden. I bought 07, and after a while learned that I don't jive with the game, so I won't even be renting 09.

I get excited for fresh gamming like fallout3 left4dead backbreaker etc...

The only marketing that got me this gen has been halo3 and i returned it in 1 week thinking 'why did I feel like I had to buy this?'
Old 08-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Couldnt agree more.

I want to buy this game EA, but until I hear some OS sim vets say its good, I wont.

I forsee many threads on problems the first day. Its the way of EA
Old 08-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
I always been very, very excited this time of year. But it's not because of Madden (now) or 2K (years past). It's because of football itself. For me, when NCAA and Madden drops, that's my signal that the season is about to start. When the teams first get into training camp, I really start to feel that need to play.

Last year I worked at a game store and worked the Madden Midnight launch. It wasn't some epic event, but it was pretty cool to see a group of people, we had like 60-80 cats that night, hanging out and talking football. Just having fun and waiting to have more fun later. This year I'll be in line and will run home like Forrest Gump to play. Not because it's Madden (and I really enjoyed last years game), but because it's football.

And every year, football puts me under it's spell and iron fisted grasp. This year is no different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 09: Ups and Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustSatellite
Good article.

I am an older gamer, about the same as as the writer.

With my busy schedule I understand what he means about finding time to play the games, and not being as excited.

However with me it's the exact opposite. I find myself more and more excited to get these games each year. I am not really sure why, maybe I'm addicted.
Ha, older gamers, you guys are babies at 27, Talk to me when you're in your late 40's like I am. Every year at this time I'm like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning. First I look forward to the new Madden game and second I can't wait for the first Sunday that kicks off the NFL season. Football kicks ***.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7
JMD- I would talk to you when I'm in my late 40's , but chances are you'll have both feet in the grave when I get to be that old! (A bit below the belt there, but I couldn't resist. So sorry!)

I agree with you about the giddiness on the first Sunday of the NFL season. Although I've grown to love the college game more, there's nothing quite like waking up that first Sunday morning and feasting on a huge breakfast during Countdown. Possibly one of the best days of the year.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 34
There is no video game worth going out at midnight to get. I'll pick it up at a civilized hour =o)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the online league REQUIRE that all 32 teams be user controled?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Ha, older gamers, you guys are babies at 27, Talk to me when you're in your late 40's like I am. Every year at this time I'm like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning. First I look forward to the new Madden game and second I can't wait for the first Sunday that kicks off the NFL season. Football kicks ***.
Well I just turned 40 and this will be the first year in a long time that I go to a midnight release. I have fallen for the hype...I pray it lives up to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
Over 40 gamers rock! Too old to play video games? Maybe. Financially able to buy any game we want? Definitely. Still getting excited about a video game that most of us can't go outside and play anymore PRICELESS! I still get excited about Madden (with hope that it returns to '05 glory) and love the regular football season both college and NFL! Go Wolverines, Go Raiders!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »