Home

Power vs Finesse

This is a discussion on Power vs Finesse within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Power vs Finesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
Yes... LOL How does he run through all those tackles then if he doesn't have any power?

What? He runs through arm tackles. Just not head on ones.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:13 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
I think by years end this guy could be the "perfect combination of speed and POWER".

Those two monster games AD had has him a bit overrated IMO. He is definitely a damn good back but he isn't as far and away better than Marshawn Lynch as you guys make it seem. Do I think AD is better than Lynch he may be a little bit better right now but Lynch played on one of the worst teams in the NFL last year and still managed 1115yards in 13 games. I honestly don't believe if AD played with the Bills his numbers would have been any better if at all. They are both very good young RB's and neither is head and shoulders above the other. Seeing some of you guys say that is laughable. If you think that then you obviously haven't seen much of Lynch. He was a beast at times last year.
AD is really good. Not as good as people hype him up to be.

And you think McFadden is gonna be better. Todd McShay was like in love w/ this guy but that don't mean he'll be great. No... but he'll have an excellent career
Old 08-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
I think by years end this guy could be the "perfect combination of speed and POWER".

Those two monster games AD had has him a bit overrated IMO. He is definitely a damn good back but he isn't as far and away better than Marshawn Lynch as you guys make it seem. Do I think AD is better than Lynch he may be a little bit better right now but Lynch played on one of the worst teams in the NFL last year and still managed 1115yards in 13 games. I honestly don't believe if AD played with the Bills his numbers would have been any better if at all. They are both very good young RB's and neither is head and shoulders above the other. Seeing some of you guys say that is laughable. If you think that then you obviously haven't seen much of Lynch. He was a beast at times last year.

Thank you. Lynch averaged about a TD per game so you have this as the probable outcome.

3 games he missed. He averaged 85yds per game. Put 3 TDs and 85 yards X 3 you got 1370 and 10 TDs for the year. AP had 96 yards per game and missed 2. He also had about 1.5 TDs a game. So thats 3 TDs. Final, 15 TDs, 1533 yds. He was also on the best OL in the NFL. All in all, AP wouldve had only 163 more yards than Lynch.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #20
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
AD is really good. Not as good as people hype him up to be.

And you think McFadden is gonna be better. Todd McShay was like in love w/ this guy but that don't mean he'll be great. No... but he'll have an excellent career
I didn't say he was gonna be better although he very well could be. I don't want to turn this into a Peterson vs. Mcfadden thread because we have had plenty of those already but he is just as big and strong as Peterson. He doesn't have quite the violent running style but is faster and much more versatile. NFL defensive coordinators will be cussing in their headsets this year. Mcfadden will not only lineup at RB but will also be used out wide at WR and even in the backfield at QB. The only person who wasn't "in love w/ this guy" was Mike Mayock but Mayock is the same guy that was saying Peterson was overrated last year and that Lynch would be better than Peterson. So go figure....
Old 08-08-2008, 01:38 AM   #21
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

D-Mac will be a bust, guaranteed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 01:52 AM   #22
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
D-Mac will be a bust, guaranteed!
Guaranteed??? LMAO how?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »