Home

On-Line Leauges- Bad News

This is a discussion on On-Line Leauges- Bad News within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: On-Line Leauges- Bad News

Devils advocate: Has he even played a game in this league? The "no recent games played" and 0-0 record screenshots would seem to indicate "no"...

Maybe the stat screens don't show up until there actually are stats?

I don't have a stake in this, because I'll probably never touch a Madden online league. But I see plenty of stuff in that blog post that needs clarifying.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:36 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

great, my expectations for online leagues shattered
Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 AM   #19
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

It says in the blog he played a league game. And theres another guy in sportsgamer forums cosigning what pasta said(cause that was his opponent)
Old 08-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Devils advocate: Has he even played a game in this league? The "no recent games played" and 0-0 record screenshots would seem to indicate "no"...

Maybe the stat screens don't show up until there actually are stats?

I don't have a stake in this, because I'll probably never touch a Madden online league. But I see plenty of stuff in that blog post that needs clarifying.
He had left the league by that point, I went back to take screenshots later in the evening. I actually contemplated whether I should post that one given that it was empty, but I just wanted to show the area where game results were stored. After playing it did show up there, but it didn't add an option for viewing the stats.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
It says in the blog he played a league game. And theres another guy in sportsgamer forums cosigning what pasta said(cause that was his opponent)
Okay, I see that part now...

Obviously some input from the devs would be helpful here. Like someone else posted, this was apparently mentioned on IGN as a major component of the service - I'd still be very surprised if something wasn't missed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
He had left the league by that point, I went back to take screenshots later in the evening. I actually contemplated whether I should post that one given that it was empty, but I just wanted to show the area where game results were stored. After playing it did show up there, but it didn't add an option for viewing the stats.
Thanks for clarifying that. I read on the comments of your blog that someone suggested using the Unique Rosters on (makes sense if they disable it for that, seeing as you could potentially have 32 Tom Bradys on the stat screen with that feature off). Would you be willing try that to see if it makes a difference?

Just to add: There's not much room for debate on the league structure. That sucks, especially for larger leagues.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-08-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #23
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

We all know what EA answer will be ......... "we found out about 2 weeks ago that it was left off the final build but we didn't wanna tell you guys cuz we need to make that dollar bill".
Old 08-08-2008, 04:12 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Lol at this. Is EA serious? What were they thinking, thats just stupid and cheap. So they've basically been lying since May, about the so-called 'full stat tracking'. Lol, EA is all jokes. Why would you make a league without stats? Like I honestly see no reason in even joining one now. And on top of that, there's not even a schedule for the leagues. They probably though we wouldnt find out until after we bought it. Stupid azz niccas. Basicall y09 gon be wack as fukk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »