Home

Pasta Padre Complete Game

This is a discussion on Pasta Padre Complete Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Pasta Padre Complete Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
yeah, not only do we have Robo QB, but we also have Robo PBP Guy.

He's downright awful. If it wasn't for Collingsworth, PBP would be turned off completely. And who knew the most annoying (IMO) analyst on TV would make a great PBP in a video game?
So turn it off?
Hammond is fine, and so much better than the radio announcer that it's not even debatable.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #18
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

The way some of you are commenting it is as if you think there is a tiny little Hammond in your TV doing live play by play of your game.

EA wrote all the lines he recorded. Unlike Collinsworth you cannot ad-lib play by play. It has to be tightly scripted so the application can piece together different parts on the fly.

A majority of the lines also have to stay in a very close emotional range or it wouldn't match up well or be able to fit all the various situations it can be used in. He does have emotion but you hear it more in the lines that seem to stand on their own more than the play by play stuff.

It is the first year he has done it so that means the guys doing the PBP routine do not have years of well refined samples and resamples. They have what they could get together in eight months. It is not just a matter of recording his voice - that is 2% of the puzzle.

Be happy EA finally canned that crappy radio guy and got recognizable profession talent doing the commentating - it is so much better. Be glad EA is taking a decent stab at presentation. Have fun - its a GAME after all.

Last edited by lnin0; 08-08-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #19
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0

Be happy EA finally canned that crappy radio guy and got recognizable profession talent doing the commentating - it is so much better. Be glad EA is taking a decent stab at presentation. Have fun - its a GAME after all.
It is no better than it was back in the 90's with Pat Summerall, and I would argue Al Michaels play by play in the early 2000's was better than this.

But, yeah, I guess you have a point. After taking four steps back they have taken one step forward.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #20
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

The problem with the play by play from Hammond is not so much that he is bad. It is because of the way EA and some other sports game makers are delivering the announcing to us. They always approach the play by play as if the game is on the radio and the sportscaster has to describe everything he sees. That's not how a real play by play guy does it. They let the game flow and add their descriptive words as the play develops. Hearing someone constantly say "He gets the ball... He throws it... He pitches it..." ... all in a robotic broken english style will make things sound goofy.

I've always felt that EA should use their Fifa play by play style for their football games. That might work better. Either that or do what NFL2K has done. But that may be too much to ask.
Bubba4
Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #21
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

dude, all this hub bub about their new snow. Are there snow melters in the yard lines? i mean the snow doesnt accumulate and then get cleared each quarter like in 2k5. the lines just stay clear. they try to come off as having deep snow but you can see the entire field "through" the snow i mean if there is an inch of snow on the ground, your not going to see the 20 through it.

hammond is the worst announcer i have ever hear

I cant beleive they ever screwed up the half time thing. collinsworth says here are the stats, a stat box pops up and then madden comes on and says thanks guys as if they threw it back out. Then the dude only says 1 line and its, here are some key plays from the half. thats it, then it lets you start the second half.

is it just me or is everything they seemed to have implemented flawed? i mean seriously they were talking about the snow like it was going to change your life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
dude, all this hub bub about their new snow. Are there snow melters in the yard lines? i mean the snow doesnt accumulate and then get cleared each quarter like in 2k5. the lines just stay clear. they try to come off as having deep snow but you can see the entire field "through" the snow i mean if there is an inch of snow on the ground, your not going to see the 20 through it.
LMAO. This is a first for me. If you chose to complain about this everything else must be pretty solid. Good grief.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:23 AM   #23
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

If I remember correctly, Pasta said he was playing on All-Pro level. Seems as though he felt he was getting a pretty good challenge from the cpu on All-Pro.

If Pasta is getting a decent game outta the cpu on All-Pro level...it may be just right for a scrub like me.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

hammond is the worst announcer i have ever hear

I cant beleive they ever screwed up the half time thing. collinsworth says here are the stats, a stat box pops up and then madden comes on and says thanks guys as if they threw it back out. Then the dude only says 1 line and its, here are some key plays from the half. thats it, then it lets you start the second half.

is it just me or is everything they seemed to have implemented flawed? i mean seriously they were talking about the snow like it was going to change your life.
Funny. I went to the Pasta's forum and there's actually a post about how much negativity there is at OS and how 2k is worshipped. When I read this, I had to chuckle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »