Home

Official Madden Online Leagues Q&A

This is a discussion on Official Madden Online Leagues Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Official Madden Online Leagues Q&A

Patches are ok. Patches are ok if they are used to fix something they didn't notice or to expand on an already finished game. Patches should not be used to render a game playable. We should not be given the excuse that EA wanted to have the game be as bug-free as possible, and that was one reason for the shoddy online leagues. So why do we still have an unacceptable number of CONFIRMED bugs. Go to OS. There is two threads about bugs in this game. Ryan, what did you and your team do with your time? You didn't eliminate the bugs. You didn't include "Seasons" in your online tournament. You didn't spend time on Franchise or Superstar mode. So what you are giving us is a roster update with Madden IQ and Madden Moments. Weak. Real weak. The gameplay might be better, but what is the point in having great gameplay if the modes we are trying to play in the same old repetitive stuff we have had. It is 2008. We want complete games. We do not want to have to buy your damn NFL Head Coach to get what should be in Madden. I do not want to have to buy a football game so I can run a franchise, another one to play against friends, and another one for college. Two was fine, college and pro are so different I have never minded purchasing both. Why should I buy two NFL games from the same company? You think they are going to set the bar higher by competing with themselves. Please. This might be the best playing Madden ever, but it really is too bad that it is also the most disapointing one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonee70
To have patches is something I can live with (I am glad they do them as it was not a sure thing in the past years), I even accept little flaws in a videogame since no sports-videogame can be perfect nowadays.

What is totally unacceptable are the missing game-basics, the things that do have clear and strict structures like NFL team structures (divisions, conferences), game schedules, standings, PO tiebreakers, teammanagement rules (FA, trades) and so on. Those basics are already in the game and they can also be ported to an onlineserver handling thousands of leagues at the same time. My ISDN home PC was able to handle a complete league with Madden2001, why should seven years later a server not be able to handle the same stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #266
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Official Madden Online Leagues Q&A

Alright, I'm closing this thread and starting a new one. This one has turned into a train wreck.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »