Home

OL/DL Interaction idea

This is a discussion on OL/DL Interaction idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
OL/DL Interaction idea

I was just wondering...Wouldn't it be a good idea if they were to assign the DL moves to the Right Stick? I was wondering how much more intuitive it would be..... It could be something like the following:

RS up or down= DL shove
RS Right/Left= DL swim Right/Left
RS around Right/Left = DL spin move Right/Left

These controls would only take effect when engaged of course as the RS is also used for movement. I think there should at least be an option to toggle between the old RB LB system or something like what I described..What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OL/DL Interaction idea

That does sound like a good idea.

We should see that in Madden NFL 2011 for the Xbox 720 and PS3 slim.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

It's funny you mention this. They had this in previous versions (up until 2006 I think) and then they took it out. Of course it didn't require different stick movements to initiate different animations, but it did serve the same function as the shoulder buttons do now.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

That is a very good idea. Let's hope the pass rush in Madden isn't as lacking as it is in NCAA.

Great idea though.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

Thanks guys...I hope Ian or Phil are taking notes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I was just wondering...Wouldn't it be a good idea if they were to assign the DL moves to the Right Stick? I was wondering how much more intuitive it would be..... It could be something like the following:

RS up or down= DL shove
RS Right/Left= DL swim Right/Left
RS around Right/Left = DL spin move Right/Left

These controls would only take effect when engaged of course as the RS is also used for movement. I think there should at least be an option to toggle between the old RB LB system or something like what I described..What do you guys think?
I like your idea, but want to have twirling Right stick moves that mimick motions. After playing NHL and my uber-game Fifa, I don't really have a taste for straight moves anymore. Almost forgot about MLB2k. Well, actually, I think I'm purposely trying to forget about 2k. Train-wreck.......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I like your idea, but want to have twirling Right stick moves that mimick motions. After playing NHL and my uber-game Fifa, I don't really have a taste for straight moves anymore. Almost forgot about MLB2k. Well, actually, I think I'm purposely trying to forget about 2k. Train-wreck.......
I hear ya...I mean I doesn't have to be implemented exactly the way I described, but something based off of the RS would be more intuitive imo. I honestly hate having to hit RB and LB to swim and rip my way through linemen...It's not very fun to do either. I think that with the RS there's a little more "fun factor" involved.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I hear ya...I mean I doesn't have to be implemented exactly the way I described, but something based off of the RS would be more intuitive imo. I honestly hate having to hit RB and LB to swim and rip my way through linemen...It's not very fun to do either. I think that with the RS there's a little more "fun factor" involved.
Oh, I totally agree. Those control schemes, while sacred to the Madden faithful, are totally outdated. Ever since Fight Night and NBA 2k, I'm all about the right stick. And then Venom decides to try and be retro with Prizefighter. Dumb. Dumb. I feel that if you can't twirl the sticks buy a Wii.......And I'm 42.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »