Home

Quick Franchise Info- I have the game

This is a discussion on Quick Franchise Info- I have the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Quick Franchise Info- I have the game

One quick thing I noticed, possibly a bug, is that if you edit the player ratings, those changes stay until you turn off your machine. I edited Nmandi of the Raiders for example, to a overall rating of like 80 just to test. I then wanted to restore his ratings to the original default settings and I couldnt. I deleted the roster file and even pressed the Y button that says reset to default ratings. I was starting to panic! LOL. But i just turned it off and back on and everything went back to normal
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
yeah it did. It asks you to do so right before the regular season starts, so maybe if you did import from NCAA, then you would get a scouting option? I havent played ncaa 09 in a few weeks and never finished one season (the gameplay issues just bothered me too much to continue) so I wouldnt be able to tell you for sure.
you cant do scouting in the offseason, after the draft it doesnt show up

you do it during the preseason, regualar season and playoffs
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #11
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

In-season scouting is in this year and yes it works.

It doesn't become available until the regular season starts and the more weeks you spend scouting a player the more accurate the 'scouting report' becomes.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy

you are right. Scouting is still in. Gives you the option to scout up to 20 players. Looks the same as 08, if I remember correctly. I just missed it cuz I simmed the whole season.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy

Is this confirmed? If so does the scouting option actually work?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
simmed a season real quick. At the end of the season, there is a relocation of your team option that if you go that route, needs approval and what not. There is also a coaching staff hiring process, just like in old gen. Not sure if that was in Madden 08 as I never bothered to finish a season. As for the draft, I checked through all the teams and rookie WR's after the draft and the lowest speed I saw was like 89 and the highest was 96. It doesnt seem like you can edit ratings once the Franchise has started though. That sucks. You can only edit equipment once the franchise starts.
Thanks for that, rckabilly.......
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 08-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks rckabilly for taking time to answer so many questions for everyone. I have one that ive tried to find the answer to in a few different places, but did not get a definite answer, so i thought i would ask here:

Is There a export team option in the franchise mode this year?

They use to have it in the pervious gen game, and it was one of my favorite features. my best friend and i like to do a fantasy draft together, then take our teams home, work on them for a year or two, then export them and play against eachother.

Thanks again man!
~Xanthos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #16
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos101
Thanks rckabilly for taking time to answer so many questions for everyone. I have one that ive tried to find the answer to in a few different places, but did not get a definite answer, so i thought i would ask here:

Is There a export team option in the franchise mode this year?

They use to have it in the pervious gen game, and it was one of my favorite features. my best friend and i like to do a fantasy draft together, then take our teams home, work on them for a year or two, then export them and play against eachother.

Thanks again man!
~Xanthos
well, under franchise setup, i saw a new option that says export active team. I did that and it then allows you to save and use your franshie team in a Play Now match. So yeah, if you did a fantasy draft in the start of your franchise, then yes you would be able to use it against your buddies if you guys play on the same console with 2 controllers I am assuming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »