Home

Could turning QB speed down help with less mobility

This is a discussion on Could turning QB speed down help with less mobility within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Could turning QB speed down help with less mobility

A lot of the problems come from the inabilities of DEs to get up the field and getting sucked into the LTs...Improving that alone would be a huge stride toward realism.

To go further though...you could add some new ratings(that work) so that only Qbs who are proficient at making plays outside the pocket are able to shine out there....i.e.. B-Roeth,Young,Romo, McNabb

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
that happens a lot...sometimes the QB doesn't move he just snaps turns and fires a bullet off of his back foot for a good 20-30 yards.....it's an old madden problem that still exists.

her is an example...pennington of all people throws this pass without ever seeing his receiver..
cpu-JETS
me-PATS
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/150839

hope they can fix it or at the very least you can adjust it with some kind of slider adjustment.
hey, you gotta give them some sort of chance - you are the pats!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #11
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
that happens a lot...sometimes the QB doesn't move he just snaps turns and fires a bullet off of his back foot for a good 20-30 yards.....it's an old madden problem that still exists.

her is an example...pennington of all people throws this pass without ever seeing his receiver..
cpu-JETS
me-PATS

hope they can fix it or at the very least you can adjust it with some kind of slider adjustment.
......OMG unbelievable. I love Chad(Great Competitor) But theres no way he could come close to doing that stuff even if he was on roids............in the fffing snow too

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
......OMG unbelievable. I love Chad(Great Competitor) But theres no way he could come close to doing that stuff even if he was on roids............in the fffing snow too

the bad thing is i think the cpu made the throw because of the impending sack that he never saw coming.
he either has eyes in back of his head or he was bitten by a radio-active spider...

this needs to be adjusted.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: Could turning QB speed down help with less mobility

OK, guess whats going to happen if you tune down the QB speed and drop his accuracy more when on the run.....

You will get the absolute daylights blitzed out of you whenever you play another human. If stopping the pass is as simple as moving the QB, the game becomes nothing more than who has the best over-the-center nano.

Some unrealistic stuff absolutely has to be in the game to compensate for other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
OK, guess whats going to happen if you tune down the QB speed and drop his accuracy more when on the run.....

You will get the absolute daylights blitzed out of you whenever you play another human. If stopping the pass is as simple as moving the QB, the game becomes nothing more than who has the best over-the-center nano.

Some unrealistic stuff absolutely has to be in the game to compensate for other issues.
...or they can fix it all and quit trying to compensate.

these issues are not new, they have existed for years so there is no reason for them to still exist.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #15
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: Could turning QB speed down help with less mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president;2038586188[B
]...or they can fix it all and quit trying to compensate.[/b]

these issues are not new, they have existed for years so there is no reason for them to still exist.
let me know how that works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
A lot of the problems come from the inabilities of DEs to get up the field and getting sucked into the LTs...Improving that alone would be a huge stride toward realism.

To go further though...you could add some new ratings(that work) so that only Qbs who are proficient at making plays outside the pocket are able to shine out there....i.e.. B-Roeth,Young,Romo, McNabb

That's exactly right. First and foremost if the DE's are coming off the ball at correct angles, it makes it almost impossible to go left or right on a play not designed to do so(such as a planned waggle, rollout, etc.) If the QB does, then he runs himself right into the DE.

Madden's line play is not yet realistic. If or when this occurs, this will play a big part. As it is now, every play can be a rollout if you choose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »