Home

Player progression is broken again!!!

This is a discussion on Player progression is broken again!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Player progression is broken again!!!

something that should be noted is that players abilities go up and down even though their overall may remain unchanged. Speed, strenght, awareness, zone coverage, press coverage..etc..etc..

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
something that should be noted is that players abilities go up and down even though their overall may remain unchanged. Speed, strenght, awareness, zone coverage, press coverage..etc..etc..
those are coaching bonuses.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #19
Rookie

If EA did fix it (if the IGN article wasn't just made up numbers by the author), then how did they manage to break it. Something like this needs to be patched, they didn't do much for franchise this year, but it was said the progression and stats were fixed countless times, and clearly if the above parent post is accurate, then EA should do something about it.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Re: Player progression is broken again!!!

So for the second year, Im gonna have to build up Drew Stanton through those mini camps things....................G whiz this is game keeps getting better.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanalogkid
If EA did fix it (if the IGN article wasn't just made up numbers by the author), then how did they manage to break it. Something like this needs to be patched, they didn't do much for franchise this year, but it was said the progression and stats were fixed countless times, and clearly if the above parent post is accurate, then EA should do something about it.
i just wish i knew if they were play next gen or not. I will put pics up showing how players dont move but 3-4 numbers up. and thats for the great ones like mcfadden. most and i do mean most only move 1 if that. like in the ign thing they said vince young was a 94 at one point. I havent seen him higher then 88. and yes thats his starting rating. it seems the second year guys are the ones to be shafted the most. i mean in my 10 year sim there was NO new players in the 90's except computer created draft picks. witch progress fine i think. not one. according to ea a. rodgers wont do crap and neither will, leinart, russel, schaub and a slew of others. oh wait. matt ryan did reach 90. sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 14

Ok, but how are their stats looking, too? If they're consistently putting up the same numbers year in and year out, then that might be why there isn't big jumps in ratings. I would understand the concern if the statistics got better and the ratings really didn't. And yes, please put some pics up as well.

Also, I wonder if this would be different if the games are actually played out as opposed to being simmed.

Last edited by therockstar2005; 08-09-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #23
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

All I have to say is MADDEN never been a franchise mode/solo player game even back with the sega days before online play we all had friends over and played tournies.....It would be nice to see madden have a break out franchise mode tho....with NFL head coach I could care less now, 20 years still not a deep franchise mode with HC09 doin so in its second version, hopefully the future is bright but I cant see how anybody can get mad when you knew it was coming
Old 08-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #24
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

That's sad news about progression as I was looking forward to playing the game this year with a fixed franchise mode. EA really needs to get last-gen franchise back for 2010 with owner mode and a working progression system....

In the meantime, I will play HC 09 for my franchise play and Madden for kicks. I hate that, but there's not really a choice now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »