Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

Man this is bad. I can't even get a franchise going past week 2 pre-season without freezing. I don't have a problem saving every week, but I'm not going to play franchise with the fear it's going to freeze whenever I get a game going.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #74
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

Not sure if this is truly considerea bug or glitch, but how do you fix a widescreen problem with the VGA adapter? What happens is I use the VGA adapter to connect my xbox 360 to the samsung 20" LCD monitor for my PC.

I have my xbox set to 1280x1024 resolution and pretty much all my games have worked fine at that resolution, even madden 08.

But now madden 09 goes into a weird widescreen mode with two black bars, one on top and one on bottom. When I switched resolutions to 1380x768 it worked, but now it looks as if the top and bottom are stretched rather than normal.

Is there a solution to this? I really don't want to have to switch resolutions every time I play madden 09 and other games.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #75
Rookie

bbullard713's Arena

OVR: 1

Game Freezing and Online Lobby Freezing. PS3 version. This sucks BIG TIME.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

GUYS ARE YOU HAVING ANY PROBLEMS WITH 4-3 normal CB SWAP. i think there is a glicth the Right Defensive tackle becomes a BACKUP CENTER. please let me know so i wont return the xbox 360 CD
Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 4

This is why im waiting to rent it first! patience is the key. You guys should know EA by Now! Don't know why so many keep on falling for it??? Wow.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 16

At this point, you'd think they'd just develop a bug reporting script INSIDE of Madden...like what your Windows or Mac programs do at home when they crash.

It's becoming apparent to me that perhaps Tiburon is on such a tight development schedule, their internal QA guys really make sure everything 'works' more or less - and, as the sentiment amongst many fans is -- we the customers are the Beta testers.

Instead of blasting the devs for the bugs people are experiencing (few? many? i have no basis for comparison honestly), I'd rather offer a suggestion - let future versions of Madden offer the option to 'phone home' to report bugs directly to the devs - and then have an aggressive 'patching' schedule already in place to address and fix those issues within a few weeks of launch.

Of course, Tiburon will have to promise to keep honest and still make a great product every year - but use this bug reporting feature as a 'safety net' to get a second chance to catch all the little bugs that slip past the internal QA defense. Or maybe have smaller online open betas using builds of the game early to try to squash bugs.

Catching every bug is impossible - so why not harness the power of the millions of guys out there with the game to help Tiburon see how their game is performing in different circumstances? It seems unlikely they'll go to a 2 year cycle - the suits want money on time - this could be a compromise.

-SeventhWard

Last edited by SeventhWard; 08-12-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 5

Am I the only one who kind of hopes the EA servers stay messed up for a while? If they stay messed up, all the people who buy for online only will be pissed like us franchise guys and less people will by, further dwindling EA's profits, forcing them to reevaluate everything for either A this year or B next year
Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 3

While playing during the late second quarter (0:07), expecting a field goal, I picked the play FG Return. To my surprise, the punt team showed up on the field and punted the ball to me.

Has anyone else had this happen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »