Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #81
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

2nd play of first pre season game FREEZE SFvs Oakland and oakland had a 20 yard run then it froze
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #82
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
Not sure if this is truly considerea bug or glitch, but how do you fix a widescreen problem with the VGA adapter? What happens is I use the VGA adapter to connect my xbox 360 to the samsung 20" LCD monitor for my PC.

I have my xbox set to 1280x1024 resolution and pretty much all my games have worked fine at that resolution, even madden 08.

But now madden 09 goes into a weird widescreen mode with two black bars, one on top and one on bottom. When I switched resolutions to 1380x768 it worked, but now it looks as if the top and bottom are stretched rather than normal.

Is there a solution to this? I really don't want to have to switch resolutions every time I play madden 09 and other games.
The game runs at 720p which is 1280x720. Those black bars should be there if the game is running at normal resolution. It's the same thing those of us with widescreen tvs have to deal with when watching fullscreen TV shows, except the bars are on the side. Your switching to the 1380x768 causes the game to fill the screen better, but your monitor is stretching the image. Have you tried switching to 640x480? Maybe that would fool the game into thinking you're on an old 4:3 TV set and run in fullscreen mode instead of wide.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 AM   #83
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
Not sure if this is truly considerea bug or glitch, but how do you fix a widescreen problem with the VGA adapter? What happens is I use the VGA adapter to connect my xbox 360 to the samsung 20" LCD monitor for my PC.

I have my xbox set to 1280x1024 resolution and pretty much all my games have worked fine at that resolution, even madden 08.

But now madden 09 goes into a weird widescreen mode with two black bars, one on top and one on bottom. When I switched resolutions to 1380x768 it worked, but now it looks as if the top and bottom are stretched rather than normal.

Is there a solution to this? I really don't want to have to switch resolutions every time I play madden 09 and other games.
Try setting your XbX360's display settings to 1280x768. Thats my setting for a 22" PC monitor using the VGA Adapter. I've never had a problem with any game at the setting.

Others such as 1380x768 work for the most part, but a game here or there will have issues.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 7

Oh good, the EA tech help forums are down...

BTW, the freezing thread over there confirms that freezing is a widespread issue, everyone is saying the same thing.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

Weirdest thing happened in a recent online game. Eagles vs. Lions. I was to kick it to the Lions, and it went in the endzone. So the Lions are supposed to advance to THEIR 20 yd line, right? Well, next play, they're on PHI 30.

I don't know if it was caused by my opponent or if it was just random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #86
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

You know, I keep hearing that phrase "every game has bugs" whenever I complain about Madden. Really? I own approximately 30 games for the 360 and only three were basically unplayable due to bugs/freezing issues - Madden 07, 08 and 09. I seriously don't remember ever having these issues (other than minor graphical glitches) with any other games.

It's not just with the freezing/A.I. glitches/poor clock-management issues either. The fact that there is no progression in franchise mode is unacceptable. Can someone please explain why it's even included this year? Is it just to tease us into thinking it will work properly? It worked great from Madden 98 until Madden 07. Why can't it work now?

I don't blame EA, though. How can I when I'm the idiot shelling out 60 dollars every year in the hopes that EA would test their games prior to release. I also partly blame the vast majority of game reviewers. Why aren't these points being brought up (especially the constant freezing and franchise glitches) in their reviews? I'm beginning to become skeptical that their reviews are objective. I keep buying Madden every year because of the rave reviews it gets, and the fact that no reviewer mentions that the franchise mode is basically unplayable.

***Sigh***
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 AM   #87
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
The game runs at 720p which is 1280x720. Those black bars should be there if the game is running at normal resolution. It's the same thing those of us with widescreen tvs have to deal with when watching fullscreen TV shows, except the bars are on the side. Your switching to the 1380x768 causes the game to fill the screen better, but your monitor is stretching the image. Have you tried switching to 640x480? Maybe that would fool the game into thinking you're on an old 4:3 TV set and run in fullscreen mode instead of wide.
that's odd. Is this a game issue that can be patched? Madden 08 and other games I've played play fine at my current resolution of 1280x1024.

I really don't want to keep switching resolutions every time I switch from playing madden 09 to some other game.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 AM   #88
Banned

OVR: 2

I challenge Ian to get on this forum, give us the names and emails of the TESTERS they supposedly hired and itemize their work testing this game.

How much do you want to bet it was someone's kid cousin starting the "play now" two or three times?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »