Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
Interesting. Can you comment on the supposed "EA comeback" logic? I've always disliked that about Madden games in the past, is this finally gone in 09?
The god's honest truth (which no one believes unfortunately) is that it has never existed.

The CPU does have AI to learn your tendencies over the course of a game...so often times I think this feeling of them using "comeback code" is just that they start learning what you are using often and they adjust accordingly.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #18
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
The god's honest truth (which no one believes unfortunately) is that it has never existed.

The CPU does have AI to learn your tendencies over the course of a game...so often times I think this feeling of them using "comeback code" is just that they start learning what you are using often and they adjust accordingly.
Is this really true? That's good thing then. For me it has been thought that there is almost nothing you can do to stop the cpu's momentum, but I think there may be ways to play smart and prevent your team's meltdown if you were up against the cpu, and you noticed that they stepped up their game and started a comeback.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I have a few:

- Ive had two occurances where near the end of the first half, the cpu has chosen to punt the ball on second down.

- Clock management: Ive seen the CPU chose to kick a field goal instead of take a shot at the endzone with 10-12 seconds left and one time out left.

- On several occasions, Ive seen the cpu run out of bounds instead of turning up field. The same bug is in ncaa.
Not just end of the half, end of the game. The Colts were trailing me by 3 (and I scored a touchdown or fieldgoal every drive with the Pats, otherwise I'd be getting creamed thanks to the Robo QB) with less than a minute left. Second and two....PUNT?

Luckily this has only happened once, so hopefully it won't be a recurring issue.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:57 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Ian, have you seen this thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...u-cheated.html

I think the stories in the thread are pretty convincing that something fishy was going on in 08.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 08-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

I think the comeback Ai is just a combination of luck, and a lot of games played.

So you lose one game miraculously in the 4th qtr because the cpu offense is unstoppable, or some bs fumbled/int happened. What about the 9/10 other times where you win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

A real Nfl team that is good will raise the level of play in critical situations. Do you guys want the computer to play the same in critical situations such as the end of the game?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Ian,

Regarding the glitch where the CPU punts in situations at the end of the half where they should either kick a FG or throw a hail mary:

Since this has never been an issue before in the past, is it possible that this glitch is being caused by the addition of the ability to return FG's missed short??

And if so, is this something that can be fixed in a patch?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't know if a lot of you guys play online, but the game seems to get disconnected after somebody is about to kick an extra point to tie the game, especially in the 4th quarter.

I mean if it's 10-3, and somebody scores to make it 10-9 there will be a DC on the extra point. It's happened to me and a few others I know who've gotten the game early. Would be real bad for online players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »