Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

About the 4th quarter FG glitch, after 5 games of which this has happened to me, i have come to this conclusion.

When in the 4th quarter, if a team is losing by 1 point and is attempting to kick either a FG to take the lead or an extra point to tie the game, the game will disconnect resulting in a no decision for both players

I came to this conclusion because in the 5th game this happened to me, it was on a FG attempt with the score 7-6 where the disconnection happened(the previous times it was all on extra points going for the tie). Once again, it was in the 4th quarter. But what really hit me right away after we got disconnected was that it was a 1 point lead. Thats the main thing that pops out when i thought of all 5 of my matches involving disconnections after kicks went up.

Time remaining doesnt matter, or if the losing team is home or away. The only thing i cant confirm yet are the downs because i have not seen a situation where the FG had to be kicked on a down other than 4thdown or PAT.

But it looks like all that matters is that you are in the 4th quarter with a team down by 1 and attempting a FG/Extra Point. Bang, disconnection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #322
Rookie

smonee's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

just an idea for producers - if you un-lock the training drills to allow players to do as many drills as the user wants - than it would be a quick fix to progression.

i am extremly disapointed in the performance on fran mode....i never thought i would say this, but if 2k got the rights to nfl i would be excited. No problems with progression in mlb 2k...how can they get this right and not EA? u guys have been the leaders in sports games 4ever....but three strikes and you are out!!! i want a patch ASAP!!! i was even more pissed when i got to 2010 in my bucs fran and i couldnt do a training camp or save my game....so players cant progress and you cant have a fran past 2010...that is the worst double whammy i have ever seen!!!!! WTF?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #323
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

I am about to start my franchise and was hoping someone could tell me some of the issues i may encounter that have not been fixed yet. I have read thru Franchise freezing and little progression, but not sure if this is still going on.

Sorry everyone, but I have been on a cruise and haven't checked up on this forum lately.

Thanks for any help
Old 08-26-2008, 07:55 AM   #324
MVP

OVR: 21

1. Some Audibles cause linemen to go offsides when they shift.

2. Time of Posession resets after you use the rewind feature.

3. Cant use the start button to go to the menu screens at the play calling screen. I dont know what triggers this as it is random when it happens.

4. Player on cpu team got hurt and my team got charged a time out.

5. Plays were safteys play hook zones are broke or I dont understand them. The saftey assigned to a hook zone(according to play diagram) looks to be playing a curl to flat zone instead.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #325
Rookie

OVR: 7

1. When the CPU catches a pass out of bounds it is called a completed pass but when I review the play it does not overturn the play. This has happened to me even when the CPU has both feet out of bounds with no defender around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #326
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyzar
I can no longer train my players, it always freezes right at the loading screen. Now how are my players going to progress?
I've been searching for posts about this since last night. I can't get training to work at all. I pick 3 players, advance, everything loads up fine. It shows the explanation screen for the training, I hit ok to start training and the pause screen comes up. I have resume or exit as an option, but the controller doesn't work at all. The buttons don't register, so I have to reset the system. This is the last game of pre-season. I simmed to the first game of the season and tried it again, same thing happened. WTF is going on?
Old 08-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #327
Pro

OVR: 11

Franchise Mode
EA Generated Draft Classes

Problem: The Salaries for a #1 pick is terribly low. I drafted a QB with the first pick and his salary was 45mil with ONLY 15mil guaranteed... That's absolutely ridiculous. It happens in every draft.. I've done at least 15.

Priority: Very High

The franchise mode has so many broken pieces that it needs to be scrapped... Player evals for NCAA draft classes, salaries, CPU Draft selections, etc.

START OVER GUYS!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #328
Pro

OVR: 9

Has anyone noticed that sometimes during a game the start button completely stops responding? I know it isn't the controller because it has happened on both of mine...It usually happens during the end of the 2nd quarter, or beginning of the 3rd.

I don't know if this was already brought up, there are a ton of pages on this thread...Maybe the glitches should kind of be listed in a new post and have a new thread stickied...There is a lot to go through on here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »