Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

there is a glitch when you edit defensive players. Whatever you edit (the number, uniform, position) the player's shoulder pad becomes extremely wide in the game and by the time you edit him again. This only happens with defensive players but it looks so horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 1

Twice this week I have fired up my 360

Twice I've I've loaded Madden 09 and hit 'Play Now'

Twice the game has frozen during the first match

It is unplayable

EA are a disgrace to the gaming community

We must be able to do something about this. Do the NFL know such an embarrassing product is carrying their name?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ive noticed a problem when a team scores a safety in simmed games, it seems like some safeties are not counted. In the following game Detroit should have won the game 19-15 in regulation.

However the game actually went into overtime and the 49ers won the game

Either 1 or 2 things are happening:
1) Safeties are being scored but not counted or
2) They are not being scored but find a way into the scoring summaries which I think is the case.

3 other games were like that and all had at least 1 safety in the scoring summary.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 AM   #364
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have 2 issues to address, one is a general issue, and the other is a specific issue that happened to me.

1. Defensive backs (and defensive players in general) take awful routes to the ball-carrier, oftentimes resulting in huge gains for the offense. This happens mainly on stretch/toss plays to the tailback. If he can make it to the outside, and he has a receiver to block for him, the nearest safety will always take a direct line to the ball-carrier, which 9 times out of 10 leads him right into the receiver who is already engaged in a block with the CB. This alone is a problem. It's exacerbated by the fact that the safety will then run down (i.e. towards the line of scrimmage) and around the receiver and DB instead of up and in the direction the back is running with the ball. By the time he's recovered from this, the ball carrier is well beyond his reach. This is how I've scored about 50% of my TD's.

2. This was a very, very, very odd play that I've never seen in real life, and therefore don't know how the rules would handle it, but I'm pretty sure the game got it wrong. Here's the play, as it happened: The Bengals have the ball on their own 9 yard line. I'm on defense, as the Ravens. I intercept a pass, while I am running with the intercepted pass, I am tackled and fumble. The CPU recovers. However, during my return, my DB with the ball was face-masked (at the 24 yard line, coincidentally). Therefore I retain possession of the ball, and, since the ball was originally on their 9 yard line, and I was face-masked at the 24, it should still be at their 9 yard line, only with me in possession, correct? In the game, I was given possession at my OWN 9 yard line. Now, as I've said, I don't know the actual NFL rules regarding this scenario, or if there are any for such a specific series of events, but I'm sure the rules don't call for me to lose 82 yards on a penalty against the other team.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #365
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've gotten 2 different copies of Madden 09 CE (exchanged at best buy) and after a few days of play I get the "clean disc" issue. I can't get through a single game of play now without getting this error message. None of my other games experience this. Anyone have an idea?

Last Friday I sent it in to EA sports for replacement under the 90 day warranty and waiting to hear back from them. After exchanging it for a new one and getting the error again, I'm anticipating getting the same error once EA sends me the replacement disc.

This is totally frustrating and feel I just waisted $100 for something I can't even play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #366
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookiebear
Twice this week I have fired up my 360

Twice I've I've loaded Madden 09 and hit 'Play Now'

Twice the game has frozen during the first match

It is unplayable

EA are a disgrace to the gaming community

We must be able to do something about this. Do the NFL know such an embarrassing product is carrying their name?
I'm sure the NFL does since they signed the exclusive agreement with EA. Also, I think it goes for your Redskins who are going to suck again on offense this year. The defense was solid the second half, but you need points to win the game. Go Chargers!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #367
Pro

rdawsoniii's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't know if this happens using other teams, but when playing as the Packers, if I select their throwback or classic jersey (playing at home), the other team has their home jersey. It doesn't matter if I manually go in and change the opponent's to their away jersey, they still wear the home. Also Green Bay's classic white and throwbacks are mislabled.

Is anything being done to fix this? Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I've tried searching and cannot find any other posts on this.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #368
Banned

OVR: 3

I really need to know how the Raiders a 67ovr all team plays like they are the cowboys? How can a team who has an unproven qb and unproven drafted rb..play like they are football gods? I buy madden every year and even last year my patience lasted longer than this. There is no way a guy should be able to get an insane rush with just 3 guys? there is no way a guy should be able to cover all 5 wr's in the 4-3? How is that even possible?

If the real raiders team win 6 games that will be an achievement? How in the hell are they like superbowl contenders on this game?

wow..i just saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnjvO...eature=related

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »