Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

One thing that I wish they would fix is the QB accuracy slider. People have said this for years. When you turn it down it also affects the QB Throwing Power. I think there should be a slider for QB ACC and QB TP.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #418
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Here's a fun one. I'll break it down bit by bit so you can "enjoy" it like I did...

I was playing as the Texans in a franchise game against the Packers. I had a penalty with 0:00 on the clock and the game (rightfully) allowed me one more play with no time. I pick a play go to line up...and am whistled dead since there is no time on the clock...lol. It gets better. So it's now halftime, and I watch a couple highlights (not many worth anything...it was a 6-3 lead in the snow) and go to start the second half. Instead of choosing to kickoff, I'm immediately taken onto the field with the same personnel as the play I tried to run at the end of the half. The whistle blows and all my team and the Packers team run into a scrum about twenty yards away and just start scurrying about like roaches. There are even players running to and from the sideline to join in the action. It was just one giant mess of players scurrying around over and over and over...The bright side? There was MASSIVE field degradation going on under that mess...lol. Also, another fun fact: I noticed the ball was on the tee as if they were ready for kickoff. After trying to hit every button/button combo I could I just gave up. My wife was laughing her a$$ off until she realized my game was shot and the amusement wore off for me. Kinda funny, but it was basically a freeze with a sideshow.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #419
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: ***Official Bugs/Glitches List***

I just played a 'play now' game as the ravens at the steelers on PS3...

On the play in question, I ran with McGahee and he got facemasked and injured on the same play.

The ref came out and called the 15 yd penalty, etc -- then the camera changed and zoomed up to the scoreboard, presumably for the injury info. However, the angle just kept switching every few seconds and panning the camera all around the stadium as the play clock still counted down.

None of the buttons were responsive at all, and I feared the game was frozen. Once the playclock hit zero, it changed back to the ref calling me for the 5 yd delay of game. After this, the game advanced to the playcalling screen...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #420
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ***Official Bugs/Glitches List***

Player regression in this game is broken or poorly planned. I'm playing as the Browns in my franchise and just won the super bowl. 3 of my starting o-line have went down in ratings. Joe Thomas has lost -1 awareness. Eric Steinbach has lost - 1 strength as did my right guard. Two years in a row this has happened to my o-line. Steinbach now has 86 strength. Other Gems is that Tony Romo is now an 91 in my franchise even though he played two good seasons in my franchise regarding stats. Steinback after this season in franchise will then have 85 strength as a left guard. Dude is in his prime like my whole line but they are declining every season... what a joke.

What is the point of playing franchise if my young offensive line keeps declining every season? The older players are suppose to get worse over time not guys who are in their prime! Tony Romo at age 30 in my franchise in now a 91 when he went to the pro bowl for those two seasons!

Last edited by Titus001; 09-30-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #421
Banned

OVR: 4

i have a fantasy franchise and when i go to train my players they let me select the players i want to train, but when i get to the screen to do the drills. the game pauses on me for some reason.

like the pause screen comes up when i did not push it. after that i can't do anything, none of the buttons work anymore. i have to cut the 360 off or go to the dash.

i tried simming some games and coming back to train my players and the pause menus comes up agin and freezes.

when i don't train players then i can play a game. i have the patch and started this franchise after the patch was out. has this happened to anyone?

also has anyone noticed some changes to backtrack. they use to show your offense play then overlap that with the defense play.

now they just show one play at a time and some of collinsworth audio is changed. another thing too when you play 2 players it doesn't show backtrack.

you can hear hammond say lets check this out using ea's..... then it cuts out and goes straight to the playcalling screen.

i fell for the hype this yr. never will i give ea my money. tiburon should get the lazy dev award.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #422
MVP

OVR: 21

How's this for a bug... the entire offensive line play is absolutely terrible.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #423
Rookie

OVR: 11

I've encountered this more than ten times in two days now. What happens is that the game does not recognize running out of bounds and does not stop the clock even though it has ended the play.

This has occurred to me also where I threw a heave and caught it to run out of bounds in position for a FG with 4 seconds left, and the clock simply ticked away, leaving me with a loss online (this happens both online and offline).
Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #424
Banned

OVR: 7

A major bug that's been in the game for years now is receivers catching short stop routes tend to run back to the line of scrimmage. In others words their momentum takes them the wrong way.This animation glitch is extremely frustrating!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »