Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #465
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgrooms
Your not the only one, this happens a couple time a game to me, it usually stops if I just press the right stick up one time, but one time, like you said, it just wouldn't stop, so I just started pressing buttons and then it was the left stick did the same thing. Eventually the play clock ran down, I took a five yard penalty and everything was fine.
Thanks for this. I recently took a controller back to the shop (it was doing what you described), said "it's broken" and they gave me a new one. Now the new one is doing it...whoops, I feel slightly guilty now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #466
Rookie

OVR: 1

Some things I've noticed that either haven't been discussed here, or I just haven't seen:

1. Facemask penalties being called on human-controlled defenders consistantly when they try to strip the ball (R2 on a PS2 controller) even if their hands go nowhere near the ball carrier's facemask.

2. No updates to the spoken names in the 09 edition for the PS2. (I play with the Browns - Pro Bowl returner Josh Cribbs still simply "Number 16" in Madden play-by-play, and Safety Brodney Pool is frequently called "Hope" instead of "Pool" when the play-by-play guy calls him by only a last name.)

3. Teams that have rookies and/or young players who are clearly the future of the team at their position(s) in real life are kept in a backup role, and thus do not progress, in Madden because the CPU does not take age and potential into account when setting depth charts. (Joe Flacco has been beaten out by Troy Smith in every franchise I've simulated, Ryan Torain never gets to start for Denver, and DeSean Jackson is usually relegated to a third WR role with Philly. I could go on, but you get the point.)

4. Teams sign FA they don't need. I can't even count how many times I've seen CPU-controlled teams with 2 or 3 Pro Bowl-caliber QBs or RBs on their rosters eating up cap space as backups simply because they were available as FA. The same is true with draft picks - teams will either pass up no-brainer "best available" types in order to draft a TE, K, or P to fill a roster, or they'll draft a top-5-projected QB when they've already got a superstar in his prime on the roster.

5. There's no allowance for "trick" formations & "slash" players - you can't put a WR at RB, a RB at QB, etc. It's stupid to be forced to use a P or K as your emergency QB when you've likely got a RB or WR on your roster who played QB in college and has decent THA/THP ratings. (Hopefully this be fixed next year due to the popularity of the "Wildcat" formation this year.)

6. Lastly, this is more an indictment of EA's PR team than the development team: there were a lot of new features touted before Madden's release this time around that were not included in last-gen versions (like my PS2 version). I understand that they can't include everything because they may require more robust systems to operate, but they never mentioned this in their press releases to my knowledge. They could at least be honest with the consumers, and let us know before plunking down $40-50 for a roster/soundtrack update that we're not getting anything truly new unless we also plunk down $400 for a new gaming system.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #467
Rookie

OVR: 1

a few glitches i see alot on madden 09... is the replay glitch the qb throws it to the wr on the sideline and clearly hes out of bounds and they call it a catch 9 times out of 10... and the false start glitch when the qb starts running after they call false start on them..

and it seems like the cpu always gets a first down on 3rd down they hardly ever miss it and it is always in the middle of the field which not matter what coverage u call u cant stop them...does anyone have a problem with this?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #468
Rookie

OVR: 4

check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3mLy78Jw8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlJMGBVtxU
Old 02-21-2009, 02:49 AM   #469
Rookie

OVR: 3

after scoring a touchdown if you spam the hurdle button before your player gets into the celebration running animation while youre moving foward you'll keep hurdling into the stands and as far as you can get until the play call screen pops up. just something i found while messing around.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #470
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

When editing Eagles players, their helmets get all jacked. The WING on the players left side, is higher than the WING on the right. Looks weird.

Also, Eagles helmets area weird green that doesn't even match their pants.

Steelers don't have yellow gloves as an option.

Falcons don't have red gloves as an option.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #471
VGH
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only glitch I have experienced would be the glitch when a player tackles another player but then does a flip in the air.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #472
Rookie

OVR: 6

I highly doubt this will be an issue in '10 but...

On the 360 (idk about the ps3),

1. when your controlling the QB...

If you hold the speed burst (RT) and precision pass (LT) triggers together then release the speed burst (RT) trigger but continue holding the precision pass (LT) trigger you will be unable to throw the ball.

This happens to me once in a while but always results in a sack... its so annoying.

2. i hope scrabbling controls are included in '10... its lame that only the computer can scramble with their QB (by scramble i mean have full control over your QB such as spin moves and jukes, in the madden manual it says you can... but you cant lol). Well actually if your controlling your WR before the snap and then switch back to your QB, sometimes very rarly but sometime he will have gone into the scrable mode which means you are unable to control his passing options wich also result in sacks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »