Home

***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #49
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ***Official Madden 09 Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Not to be rude, but I just don't understand what people are thinking when they make these statements. If the game comes out in August instead of July, then it would have to come out in September the following year, October the year after that, and so on, and so on in order to keep meeting that "extra" month of development. That would never fly (imagine the outrage because Madden is released after the superbowl one year). Releasing it a month later is only gaining a month a THAT development cycle, not future ones.

I also understand the sentiment for 2 year cycles, but the overwhelming majority (including even some who claim to want a two year cycle) would pitch a fit if Madden wasn't out each year. I would say if it's that important...skip a year purchasing it. Then you get your two year cycle

If they released a roster update with some visual tweaks and some AI tweak for say 30 bucks you'd still have people buying it because it says "Madden on it." The majority of people don't pay that much attention to new features... just that it's a new madden game.

They could get away with 2yr cycles being able to bug test and add the things that they want and we want and not rush it.

I'd end up paying for the $30 update with gameplay tweaks and a new set of rosters and other small tid bits thrown in while waiting for the next MAJOR release with overhauled everything.

PS2 and XBOX owners have been paying for Roster updates and a tweak here and there for 3 years now.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dunno if it's already been said, but you can sub in Injured Reserve Players into the game in Quick Game. Not sure if it also works in franchise.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

MAJOR GRAPHICAL GLITCH I SEE.

This has happened in 3 out of the five games I played. On Replays in Cardinals home stadium there is a white blinding light of nothingness on replays all you see is a white lines and no replays on almost every replay! What is really annoying is that you cannot skip past the replays cause they are in the play calling screen by default!

Last edited by freezeframe; 08-11-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #52
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

anybody else having the freezing problem where at the end of the game they ask you if you want to go to Virtual Trainer? If you go to yes, it freezes right at the instruction screen. I've had this problem with ps3 and 360 so far. With 360 tho, it didnt happen when I first got the game
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #53
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i hope this isn't a list of things to fix in '10. some of these glitches are ridiculous. what's more ridiculous is how they made it into the gold version.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:09 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

In 08 you could do spin moves and jukes by holding both the left and right triggers together while behind the line of scrimmage. It doesnt seem to work anymore, the QB just sprints. You have to wait until he crosses the line of scrimmage before running controls can work.

Its in the manual but doesnt work in the game. This is for the 360 version.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #55
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6

Has anyone else noticed really strange lighting in franchise mode during rivalry games? I played Packers vs. Lions at Ford Field and the field was literally the color of pee. I backed out to the menu and tried the same game on play now, and it looks normal again. Then I went back into franchise and tried the game at the Vikings, and the whole Metrodome had purple lighting! Not just the colors of signs and the fans, there was purple light on everything. It was really creepy and I hope this is a glitch that can be fixed and not a design thought up by the art director. It seems to be restricted to rivalry games, let me know if other people notice the same thing in their franchises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Man, this is amazing.

After the glitches weve seen in NCAA, we have now deal, with what seems like more in Madden. It boggles my mind that no one, not even one person finds any of these glitches before the game comes out.

They are playing the game, right? They can tell that the CPU with no one in front of him, sure does run out of bounds a lot.

That 30 or less people can pick up this game early and already, in less then 24 hours, there are 4-5 pages of bugs listed.

I mean, there are people who will play this game for me, you dont even have to pay us to test it... then agian, I guess, that's what they are doing. Getting us to test it for free when it's released and then coming out with patches.

Lucky, I mentioned the Big Arms Glitch, or else that would have most likely been in the game also.

I don't want to be disrespectful to the EA Designers on OS, but that is just how I feel. There has to be a little more awareness on what's going on with the game. It's not about catching what Millions of people see when they play this game in a year.... were talking 20-30 people here (at best)... Close to the number EA might invite at the Community Day.

It's sad and almost painful to hear this kind of stuff, year after year.

Sorry guys, just had to get that out.

Wow... As sad as it sounds... We are the Beta Testers.. lol. Thats EA for you...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »