Home

Why is the Broncos Home Uniform not in the game????

This is a discussion on Why is the Broncos Home Uniform not in the game???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #41
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Why is the Broncos Home Uniform not in the game????

In the photo from EA to justify the blue on blue you can see the other 40% of the time they wear the white pants. Why not make that an ALT in place of one of the classic/reto alts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #42
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

They don't have it in there?

Man, that's kind of weak...
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
Yeah but America is stupid...
Have a little respect for your country, pal .. one thing i cant stand is discraceful Americans towards their own country.

Unless your not from America? In that case..STFU
Old 08-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
The uniform textures (ie the colors) have to be created to fit a new model (ie the geometry). I'm not an artist so I don't know exactly what it all means... but uniform textures have something called a UV layout. This makes the texture "work" on the model. So when the model changes, the old UVs don't work.

So to go back and rework all the UVs you'll have to rework the old textures to work with the new UVs. All that requires a ton of trial and error and it is just as easy to redo the uniform textures than making the old ones work with the new models.

Does that kinda make sense? A little?
Thanks for the info!

What still makes me wonder though, is how they were able to have downloadable uniforms for '07 without the need to make a model redesign... I guess it's all specific to the environment you're using, the coding involved, the platform, etc.

When I've done games in DarkBasic (and I know it's not as advanced as what's used to develop 360 games, lol) I used to take a model and change the character's outfit in editor. I could change the texture, color, sheen intensity, etc. and sometimes the changes would affect other aspects of the game so I had to go back and rework a lot.

Perhaps with Madden and NCAA 07, the models and the code they were working with at the time allowed for changes to be made easily and even have DLC updates like they had. But notice how with the '08 games of Madden and NCAA there were no DLC jersey's. I think that happening may support Coogfan's take that changes to the new models present a very difficult programming challenge different than the 07 versions did, and this may be the same thing with '09. So now I'm interested to know what challenges the artist faced when making the fixes he was discussing in his blog late in the dev cycle.

Interesting stuff. I think if we knew in detail what it takes to get this accomplished in their programming environment, it might make us all a bit more understanding--but not dismissive--of the snafu's.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #45
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMan1000
Thanks for the info!

What still makes me wonder though, is how they were able to have downloadable uniforms for '07 without the need to make a model redesign... I guess it's all specific to the environment you're using, the coding involved, the platform, etc.

When I've done games in DarkBasic (and I know it's not as advanced as what's used to develop 360 games, lol) I used to take a model and change the character's outfit in editor. I could change the texture, color, sheen intensity, etc. and sometimes the changes would affect other aspects of the game so I had to go back and rework a lot.

Perhaps with Madden and NCAA 07, the models and the code they were working with at the time allowed for changes to be made easily and even have DLC updates like they had. But notice how with the '08 games of Madden and NCAA there were no DLC jersey's. I think that happening may support Coogfan's take that changes to the new models present a very difficult programming challenge different than the 07 versions did, and this may be the same thing with '09. So now I'm interested to know what challenges the artist faced when making the fixes he was discussing in his blog late in the dev cycle.

Interesting stuff. I think if we knew in detail what it takes to get this accomplished in their programming environment, it might make us all a bit more understanding--but not dismissive--of the snafu's.
I'm not sure what you mean. The downloadable uniforms were for the NCAA 07 player model. Even those were scrapped for 08.

We use Maya for our 3D models and Photoshop for our textures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
You can imagine all you want that they ALWAYS wear white bottoms. The fact remains that the Broncs wore Blue on Blue's more times than Blue on White's last season. That you cannot argue.

Just one more time for clarification that really isn't even needed. Look at the picture and count them out loud if you must:

People should be more pissed if the blue's were left out and the white's were in.
3/5 of those games were prime time. we usually wear the blue on blue in night games.

i was suprised to see us wear it in the last two home games but i still dont think they are the new default home uniforms.

their is no excuse for not having the blue on white in this game. when i can pretty much garuntee we will be wearing it this season
Old 08-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 2

It's a mistake, period. That's the explanation.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 16

Ehhh, as a Broncos fan, I don't really care. If they wore the blue on blue at home more than once last year, than I'm fine with them being the default home jerseys this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »