Home

Franchise Still Broken

This is a discussion on Franchise Still Broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise Still Broken

YES.

You got to year seven? Keep going and tell me how far you can get without freezing.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

this is just EA's ploy to get you to buy Head Coach, which has a franchise mode that everyone's been dreaming off.

typical EA and typical Madden. they dont care about the franchise gamers so they release a separate game to satisfy them (at least HC is gonna be good)
Old 08-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #19
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Secondly, all CPU controlled teams continue to make numerous bone head moves during the off-season. For example, the Bengals opted not to resign either TJ Houshmandzadeh or Chad Johnson. I thought this was odd at first, but decoded not to pay much attention to it. That is, until draft day came. The Bengals (picking 10th overall) first two selections were a QB and DE. As stunned as I was, I quickly realized this was not exclusive to just one team. Almost every single team with the exception of the Chiefs (who actually needed a QB and picked in the top 5) made terrible draft day selections.

As far as Free Agency went, it was just as bad. Mike Peterson made the pro-bowl after having a stellar season with the Jags and was rated at a 93. When I simmed through the Free Agency period, not a single team signed him. Likewise, both TJ and Chad were signed to the same team, the Titans. How is that even possible?

I only simmed a couple of seasons but I saw pretty much the same types of things as you did.

I don't know if I would call the franchise mode 'broken', but the AI does make some questionable decisions with it's roster.

Donny Moore (or any EA dev), if you happen to read this thread, I think Madden needs a 'team roadmap/team philosophy' feature similar to the one in HeadCoach so that teams will retain and acquire players more appropriately based on need.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-10-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #20
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Wasn't there talk about a complete ground-up redesign of Franchise for next years game? With that in mind, why would they even take the time to mess with the stuff in the current 'Chise when it's going to all be rewritten for next year's game?

Eventually we all just need to look at this way: EA Tiburon has become like an aging band, we all love their early stuff, but they've sort of had some duds for a while. Instead of expecting a classic album everytime out, we need to just except that it's not going to happen and stop getting frustrated at a lost cause.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:31 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Also the Chad and TJ thing has to do with their morales also. And i for sure know Chads is low as hell, He hates the Bengals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 02:01 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

I wish you guys who relish having an actual simulation would give the PC a chance.

Buy Madden 08 (it's only 9.99,) and go to football-freaks.com. Download the roster update, read the boards to find a slider set that suits you, and read Nza's franchise guide.

EA Sports can't do it, but at least we can do it ourselves. That's what makes the PC platform so great.

I'm telling you, you want an alternative? It DOES exist.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:04 AM   #23
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I have my Madden 08 and will be getting the mod from ff. I will get Madden 09, but I really really hope this is the last year we have issues with current gen franchise. get it back to the days of last gen where we had our cool owner mode, nice player progression, and improve on those as a base. People will be happier
Old 08-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #24
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
this is just EA's ploy to get you to buy Head Coach, which has a franchise mode that everyone's been dreaming off.

typical EA and typical Madden. they dont care about the franchise gamers so they release a separate game to satisfy them (at least HC is gonna be good)

but this is wat people been asking for....trust I remember years back........hopefully EA will get "IT" and add a real franchise mode into madden(HC09 franchise) iMean its only right since they have the rights to the NFL....dont just make a game for head to head players its obvious thats wat they are doing just look at the route they went for the Wii its catered towards Casual gamers while next gen madden is all bout head to head and online play money TALKS!!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »