Home

What Hapened To all the Madden Sites?

This is a discussion on What Hapened To all the Madden Sites? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: What Hapened To all the Madden Sites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
even whenj ian took over it was "this is the best madden ever" and that wore off within 2 games.

every year its the same song, youd be fooling yourself if you tell me you dont hear that EVERY YEAR.

the act is old. im a 28 year old gamer and i wont spend my hard earned money on another madden product until AFTER I RENT IT.
and even then, ive gotten ripped off 4 years in a row now, that now i will buy the game USED so the madden people wont count me as a sale or get my money.

if this (madden) was any other line of business people would be calling for heads to come off or just go to a competeitor to get what they want(a car, electronic store, bakery, etc) but we are STUCK with this hot sewage mess.
But Ian only worked on '09 for a short period of time and could only make tweaks to what was already there due to the fact the game was basically finished. This is the first year he and Phil are working on the Madden from beginning to end where they are in the position to use their/our ideas and concepts. I understand people being skeptical, I really do, but to say that producer/developer/community interaction will not change anything is putting the cart before the horse in my opinion. We haven't seen what can happen when we all "work" together. This year, we'll find out if it was all worth it.

And Madden '09 is the best Madden yet on next gen. At least in my opinion it is and I am thinking it is to many others. Now that may not be saying much given the state that Madden has been in, but its a step in the right direction.

So while you may be disappointed and done with Madden, and no one can blame you, there are others, like myself, who are intrigued by what Phil and Ian and our community, can do.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
But Ian only worked on '09 for a short period of time and could only make tweaks to what was already there due to the fact the game was basically finished. This is the first year he and Phil are working on the Madden from beginning to end where they are in the position to use their/our ideas and concepts. I understand people being skeptical, I really do, but to say that producer/developer/community interaction will not change anything is putting the cart before the horse in my opinion. We haven't seen what can happen when we all "work" together. This year, we'll find out if it was all worth it.

And Madden '09 is the best Madden yet on next gen. At least in my opinion it is and I am thinking it is to many others. Now that may not be saying much given the state that Madden has been in, but its a step in the right direction.

So while you may be disappointed and done with Madden, and no one can blame you, there are others, like myself, who are intrigued by what Phil and Ian and our community, can do.
saying madden 09 is the "best next gen game"(its current gen already) is useless.
everything for 4 years now has been hot mustard.

i dont mind ian cleaning things up but people are expecting some dramatic overhaul.

itll always be an arcade game and that alone drives me crazy.

when you cater to the kids/cheesers what more can you expect....remember PETER MOORE = ian boss.
this game will NEVER be sim.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
saying madden 09 is the "best next gen game"(its current gen already) is useless.

i dont mind ian cleaning things up but people are expecting some dramatic overhaul.

when you cater to the kids/cheesers what more can you expect....remember PETER MOORE = ian boss.
Dramatic overhaul?

Where are you reading into this? I've stated recently that my expectations aren't that high, but a good representation of NFL football would be a nice step in the right direction.

I really think CB is right, you are putting the cart before the horse.

Everyone's expectations for the next Madden are different, so, not everyone will be a happy camper. I want this, I want that, chain gang, refs, Tom Hammond goes, he stays, etc......

It's not going to be revamped overnight.

You have the right attitude. Rent first, if you like it, buy it however you want, new, used, that's your decision.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:

How is that useless? To me that means that the game is improving which, correct me if I'm wrong, is what we are all wanting here.

And a dramatic overhaul? I'm not so sure thats what everyone is expecting, maybe some yes, but for the majority, I am thinking we just want a solid game that is free of some of the unecessary bugs that have plagued the series.

And to say the game will never be sim? Thats a little overboard. Again, I haven't seen what Ian and Phil can do when they put forth their ideas and passion. Will they make the game more sim or arcade? We'll find out. Phil's track record(PS2/Xbox Madden '04 &'05) leads me to believe the game will be more sim.

Why don't we wait and see how Madden 2010 is before we start claiming whether Ian/Phil's interaction here was a success or a failure.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #29
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
i could care less for the pruducers being here, it SOUNDS GOOD when they "listen to us" yet the basic gameplay cant and wont ever change.

the game has lost everything to make it exciting over the past 4 seasons.

look at games like fallout how within 2 game cycles have seen drastic improvements, even nhl/nba which are yearly series see DRASTIC IMPROVEMENTS year in & year out. this is year #4 currently, going on year 5, for madden and NO PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!!!

i demand more and wont be satisfied with a producer coming here saying this & that yet nothing changes or "new features" are added that were in past years maddens & old gen maddens.

the entire madden engine is hot sewage. thats the problem. its like beating a dead horse.

this game (madden 06, 07, 08, 09) has sucked the life out of the football gaming market and we all know it.
Why are you even here, then? Get the hell on. Looks like you can barley communicate, anyway. It's negative attitudes like yours that are "like beating a dead horse." Instead of bitching like Rosie, why don't you get up off your rear end and do something about it..? You will NEVER be happy no matter what EA does...People like you ruin these forums.

Savannah, GA
Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila
Why are you even here, then? Get the hell on. Looks like you can barley communicate, anyway. It's negative attitudes like yours that are "like beating a dead horse." Instead of bitching like Rosie, why don't you get up off your rear end and do something about it..? You will NEVER be happy no matter what EA does...People like you ruin these forums.
id be very happy if a good product came out.

how come for 4 straight years nothing has changed in madden besides features coming out of the game?

fix the oline/dline interaction
the cb/wr interaction
fix the qb pocket
fix how the lob passes never work cause dbs always do a 1 handed jump

fix how speed = everything in madden

i could go on forever. these arent "bugs" its gameplay mechanic flaws and being that madden has done this for 20 years it should be done correctly not "wait until next year" after 3 days of the current maddens release.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:

how come for 4 straight years nothing has changed in madden besides features coming out of the game?

the cb/wr interaction
fix the qb pocket

i could go on forever. these arent "bugs" its gameplay mechanic flaws and being that madden has done this for 20 years it should be done correctly not "wait until next year" after 3 days of the current maddens release.
and we have a new team of developers working on these things. Lets see how they do with it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

the cb/wr interaction
fix the qb pocket

There is nothing anything of us can do to change the past. As CB has said above, we have a new development team in place to hang our hat on. Personally, I'd like to see what the new leadership team can do before making any preliminary decisions, don't you agree?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »