Home

game speed needs a fix

This is a discussion on game speed needs a fix within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: game speed needs a fix

I have to agree with the poster that says the speed is too fast in the pocket but right on in running. I think the problem is the inconsistency in the speed of the animations. Some animations move fluidly and at the proper speeds while others seem speeded up at times giving the game an inconsistent feel and look at times...then theres the times when a 2nd tackler will come in and do one of those cheesy open armed mid air collision tackles and bodies will fly all over the place way to fast.

Just the fact that there is no majority decision on what the right speed is ( some feel its too slow, some too fast and others just right) should be a major tip off to the EA design team to simply put a GAME SPEED slider in like they have in other games like Hockey and Basketball. This would make everyone happy

Oh and one more MAJOR observation....the CPU snaps the ball WAY TOO FAST which makes all those wonderful chess like pre snap adjustments pretty useless. You hardly have time to even observe the formation let alone start going thru presnap menus and make secondary, linebacker and Lineman adjustments on the fly.....EA please address this in patch 2 by forcing the cpu to at least spend a little more time prior to snapping the ball unless they are intentionally 2 minute drilling...its redonculous!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #26
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Do any of us really think "THE CORPORATION" will add a speed slider to madden? Im sure if they do they will take something back. Like not being able to challenge a play. Oh my bad that is not working correctly either. Maybe in the 2010 patch
Old 08-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Do any of us really think "THE CORPORATION" will add a speed slider to madden? Im sure if they do they will take something back. Like not being able to challenge a play. Oh my bad that is not working correctly either. Maybe in the 2010 patch
dont forget, challenging plays was not in 06 on 360 lol

the challenge isnt working correctly?

anyways, i have a feeling they won't either.

I also agree with the quick line snaps.

I dont feel like playing against the Colts just to get my audible fix.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #28
Pro

DereckM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroticomic
dont forget, challenging plays was not in 06 on 360 lol

the challenge isnt working correctly?

anyways, i have a feeling they won't either.

I also agree with the quick line snaps.

I dont feel like playing against the Colts just to get my audible fix.
Believe me I have not forgotten about 06. Maybe im doing something wrong. Can you challenge a play whenever you think there was a bad call? Or does the game allow you to challenge when it sees fit?

If its the latter then its not correct in my eyes. I should be able to challenge a play whenever I want if I have a challenge available.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
The disagreement in this thread about game speed is exactly why EA should implement a slider to adjust it. Everybody wins!

Yep I'd also like an option to slow he game speed down. Another feature from last gen that went missing this gen.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Was this feature in last years or 07s ps2/360 versions?
If not, then ya, just another 'important' yet simple thing that has been overlooked.

sigh.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

It does seem a bit too fast. Sometimes a QB snaps the ball and get sacked almost immediately. Things need to be given time to develop more deliberately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

The NFL is a fast paced game if we want a game that mirrors the NFL speed is a big part of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »