Home

New Madden Angry *Video* Impressions - (& Greatest Suggestion EVAR! to these Forums!)

This is a discussion on New Madden Angry *Video* Impressions - (& Greatest Suggestion EVAR! to these Forums!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden Angry *Video* Impressions - (& Greatest Suggestion EVAR! to these Foru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
im not going to lie I actually LMAO of at the part where th dude one at solitair, but then he lost at doing online leagues lol. that was good man.
Hahaha, Sweet.
My Favorite for no apparent reason is at the very beginning - The Office Beat down at the water cooler. I could have done so many other angles/jokes from that one shot...

I guess I like fools getting beat down, its like my 15th time watching that 2 second part but it makes me laugh every time Complete Chaos!

0:34 Seconds In "Are all the guys with the good ideas getting their *** kicked by corporate executives"?
Sometimes I wonder how much creativity is suppressed because of timetables, cost concerns, and fear of change...
Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: New Madden Angry *Video* Impressions - (& Greatest Suggestion EVAR! to these Foru

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
Cosign.....with LICE in his hair!!!!How cool is that?!?!....Ice cold I tell ya.....
I Just tend to favor guys that speak the truth with a little humor in it all.. i also like seeing other people get their feathers all ruffled up because of truth, truth hurts the ones that know the truth but are too scared to speak it...

I also get a kick out of those that are hush hush like a mouse or in pure denial because people of importance "developers" are lurking around... F' it!!stand up for what you believe in, its the only way change will happen.

Last edited by Moegames; 08-10-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 47

Yeah I don't get it. But oh well! I will say one thing you have to much time on your hands. Get a job or a woman would be my advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Brilliant bro.. i loved the entire video and it was SPOT ON.

Im so glad you popped in some of those comments about the much needed atmosphere, presentation, better sidelines, pregame, halftime stuff,etc,etc..that really is a HUGE factor in why Madden has felt so drab and dead the past years...even at its current state with the obvious bugs and incomplete modes,etc . if it had the presentation and atmosphere NFL2k5 had..most of all these bug's, missing key functions of some of these modes in madden09 would NOT seem so bad or stand out as much because we would still have a freaking fun and exciting football to hold us thru until next year...

To be honest, im having fun with Madden09..i will say that..but the problem is that i know WITHOUT A DOUBT i could be having sooo much more fun if they just fixed some glarring issues and it bugs me inside that they still dont touch the atmosphere and presentation what so ever..THIS IS NFL, NFL FOOTBALL THRIVES ON ATMOSPHERE AND PRESENTATION!!! Where's the pre-game stuff? Where's these varied cut scene's after plays of players on the sidelines getting ankles tapped up, worked on,etc? Or pre game stuff with the players in the locker room getting hyped by the coach and team staff?... stuff like that while stat overlay's litter the screen? How about the playoffs in madden? Isnt the NFL Playoffs the "heart & soul" of NFL Football? Yes it is..so why on earth does Madden's playoffs feel exactly the same as Madden's preseason games? The superbowl ... same thing

.....What NFL2k5 visual concepts did that year was remarkable and they had half the manpower, half the budget that Tiburon has and they came out with such a awesome game that year... so that has me scratching my head in why EAsports Tiburon can't do or match NFL2k5 with twice the manpower, twice the budget,etc? I Just dont get it and i totally feel something must change at Tiburon... that or they need to listen to us hardcore gamers and just try their hardest to put in these key missing ingredients... after all, we are the one's paying their salary and you know how that old saying goes...the customer is always right...correct? We are the loyal customers..give us what we want!! Juat as you said ....

Dont let the schmucks in here that are dissing the vid get to you. You had the balls to spend the time in producing this home made video and speak the truth..which i give much respect to you for doing that. Its stuff like this that will gain that second look from the developers and actually make stuff happen ..so again, great work and thx for putting this together and fighting the good fight..which is demanding a better product for the true football gamers.

I would just like to say one more thing..i do commend Madden Dev's on the improvments they did make compared to previous years..it really has been a real improvment but so much more should have been done by now. Thats ok.. we can do this as a coummunity, i like the fact that the dev's are now listening and hearing us...that makes me feel much better. Next year will be the real proof of it all though..we'll just have to wait and see. Until next year..i will continue to enjoy Madden09 for what its worth.
Single Best Reply to any of my posts on any of the message boards ive posted on ever, in my life I'm serious. (Cept for when Dev's Directly reply to my crap, I pee a little in my pants when that happens, LoL)

Your stuff was a good read, we are on the same brain waves...

I Guarantee you and the DEVS if they essentially COPIED 2k5's presentation (not even added anything to it, just straight copy-paste) a majority of haters would shut the hell up and be in straight awe....Your so right about that making the small defects of the game seem to disappear or not be so much of an annoyance...

You would simultaneously convert thousands of 2k5er's by taking away their best argument, and please just about all fans, even casual ones, by including these small even repetitive cut scenes.. I bet my Honor on it.

Last edited by excaliber; 08-10-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

i laughed
Old 08-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah I don't get it. But oh well! I will say one thing you have to much time on your hands. Get a job or a woman would be my advice.
I woke up on Sunday Morning, Saw the CPU Sliders Thread, the Online Leagues Thread, and the flipped on my camera, hung up my greenscreen and fired up my computer - Shooting, Editing, Producing, and uploading took maybe about 4 hours total, which is extremely fast....

But you may be right, but Sir, may I add a counter-point to your girlfriend argument?

Madden 09: $60+Tax Total
My Date Last Night: Dinner for Two at Olive Garden $34.35+Tip
Two Tickets to Pineapple Express $16
4 Pints of Dos XX Amber at the Alamo Drafthouse (Watching the Movie): $15
$65.35+ Total

And thats just one Night....Madden I play for a year...so at this point I think im good with dating Madden instead...LoL. At least until I find a low maintance chick that likes to play Video Games like Madden, Fable 2, and Gears of War...

Last edited by excaliber; 08-10-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber
Single Best Reply to any of my posts on any of the message boards ive posted on ever, in my life I'm serious. (Cept for when Dev's Directly reply to my crap, I pee a little in my pants when that happens, LoL)

Your stuff was a good read, we are on the same brain waves...

I Guarantee you and the DEVS if they essentially COPIED 2k5's presentation (not even added anything to it, just straight copy-paste) a majority of haters would shut the hell up and be in straight awe....Your so right about that making the small defects of the game seem to disappear or not be so much of an annoyance...

You would simultaneously convert thousands of 2k5er's by taking away their best argument, and please just about all fans, even casual ones, by including these small even repetitive cut scenes.. I bet my Honor on it.
Thanks, i gotta back up my Latino bro's

..But seriously, you spoke the truth and i simply understood what you were saying..i know you ment no disrespect towards the developers unlike many others that took quick offense to the video..

If you game on 360, add me to your gamers friends list when you get a chance..we should play a game of madden09 online sometime. My gamertag is Moegames

Peace, time to hit the sack, work tommorow

Moegames

PS> Yes the key is atmosphere and presentation.. its one of those little things (well its not so little) that do so much for sports videogames that so many sports videogame developers fail to realize, NFL2k5 hit it on the head that year.. Madden Dev's should really consider plastering madden 2010 with tons of atmosphere and presentation next year..it would totally change the way madden feels instantly

Last edited by Moegames; 08-11-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber
I woke up on Sunday Morning, Saw the CPU Sliders Thread, the Online Leagues Thread, and the flipped on my camera, hung up my greenscreen and fired up my computer - Shooting, Editing, Producing, and uploading took maybe about 4 hours total, which is extremely fast....

But you may be right, but Sir, may I add a counter-point to your girlfriend argument?

Madden 09: $60+Tax Total
My Date Last Night: Dinner for Two at Olive Garden $34.35+Tip
Two Tickets to Pineapple Express $16
4 Pints of Dos XX Amber at the Alamo Drafthouse (Watching the Movie): $15
$65.35+ Total

And thats just one Night....Madden I play for a year...so at this point I think im good with dating Madden instead...LoL. At least until I find a low maintance chick that likes to play Video Games like Madden, Fable 2, and Gears of War...
It is cheaper. No doubt there. I would love to have 4 hrs to waste, but being married, having a 6 year old boy and other 12 week old boy and working on a second master and a credential........... I think you can get where I am going with this. Any ways good luck with every thing. Also, my advice is to find a girl that doesn't like video games. You are going to need your down time and it is hard to have a break from the girl if she is there playing the game with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »