Home

Buyer's Remorse -or- Why Do I Keep Making the Same Damn Mistake!!??

This is a discussion on Buyer's Remorse -or- Why Do I Keep Making the Same Damn Mistake!!?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 01:06 AM   #33
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Buyer's Remorse -or- Why Do I Keep Making the Same Damn Mistake!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks
I wonder why he was doing that...

Hm...
Did it have anything to do with the infraction he was given for supposed "trolling"??
I don't even know the guy who got banned but he was understandably pissed off. He OPERATES a Madden site, how can he possibly be trolling?

How do people who actually have real problems with the game get infractions but people like *cough* maddenps2 who has been doing nothing but accusing people of burning the game for the last 2 weeks gets nothing? Then I got an infraction for calling the moron out.

Awesome.

The best advice I can give you would be to contact Paul Fisher "fishepa" He is the forum administrator. He is the one to speak to when you have a problem with the moderators.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:09 AM   #34
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Very true. Like I said, I haven't played it yet. If I think its crap I will let you know. No one controls what I can say just because I am a Mod. Some people don't seem to get that though.
It's pretty obvious no one is controlling your comments, because when you see a thread you don't like or agree with, you make sure to end it with a nice snarky comment before you quickly lock it up. If you were being controlled, someone would tell you to be the bigger person and simply lock the thread and keep it to yourself.

Do you yell out "I have the power!" as you type the final word?

Locked.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:19 AM   #35
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
It's pretty obvious no one is controlling your comments, because when you see a thread you don't like or agree with, you make sure to end it with a nice snarky comment before you quickly lock it up. If you were being controlled, someone would tell you to be the bigger person and simply lock the thread and keep it to yourself.

Do you yell out "I have the power!" as you type the final word?

Locked.
Yep cause I didn't just explain why threads get closed. You're right I love going around and closing threads that I don't like or agree with.

I also kick puppies, feed, mice to cats then run the cats over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 01:26 AM   #36
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I also kick puppies, feed, mice to cats then run the cats over.

pjv31, I know you are better than that.

Seriously though if people would just take the time to read, and i know it's intimidating, the 30+ pages of Impressions that me, Countryboy, SageInfinite, and others from this site have posted, they would realize that there really aren't that many bad impressions.

I'm not saying that there aren't things wrong with this game, there are, and they will hopefully be fixed in the future.

After all, no one, and nothing is perfect.

Twitch Stream
Old 08-11-2008, 01:41 AM   #37
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustSatellite

pjv31, I know you are better than that.

Seriously though if people would just take the time to read, and i know it's intimidating, the 30+ pages of Impressions that me, Countryboy, SageInfinite, and others from this site have posted, they would realize that there really aren't that many bad impressions.

I'm not saying that there aren't things wrong with this game, there are, and they will hopefully be fixed in the future.

After all, no one, and nothing is perfect.
Wouldn't it be fair to assume though, that anybody who went through the trouble to find the game early (legally, of course) would have a generally positive outlook of the Madden franchise? I'm not saying any of the impressions are wrong, biased, etc. I'm just saying that the excitement period for a game generally occurs when you first purchase it (both on the positive and negative side of things). Anyone purchasing the game early would have to be fairly positive that this game would be solid, given the ups and downs of Madden over the years...leading to a mostly positive view of the game. Not unrealistic, necessarily, just less critical.

I will say that the reviews of the game thus far have seemed both largely positive and reasonable in their critique...making me hopeful that Madden will be enjoyable for me. The videos posted have been encouraging as well. I will continue my wait and see approach to it, particularly because I'm armed with the knowledge that franchise (my favorite aspect) was mostly left alone, but I'm admittedly more intrigued than I was at the beginning
Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #38
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Wouldn't it be fair to assume though, that anybody who went through the trouble to find the game early (legally, of course) would have a generally positive outlook of the Madden franchise? I'm not saying any of the impressions are wrong, biased, etc. I'm just saying that the excitement period for a game generally occurs when you first purchase it (both on the positive and negative side of things).
I can see your point.

I guess there are still some things that bother me about this game, and I'm not going to hide them and not post them.

That wouldn't be fair to the community that has helped me decide my sports video game purchases for the past 5 years.

If it wasn't for this community I wouldn't have had the guts to try NHL 07, even with the mostly positive reviews people were giving it. I am so happy I did though.

Things will pop up, and I would be stupid not to bet I will find something else I don't like about the game. I haven't even touched franchise mode yet , I've just been playing games to how the outcomes vary.

Problems almost always seem to pop up the more familiar you are with a product, be it a video game or a CD. You might listen to a CD at first and love every song. I bet that 5 years down the line if you counted you would think some of those songs weren't that good.

I can see your point, but like I stated before...No one and Nothing is Perfect

-AS

Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »