Home

I'm a football noob who wants Madden 09

This is a discussion on I'm a football noob who wants Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
I'm a football noob who wants Madden 09

I've always been interested in football, but I've never actually watched it regularly. I guess part of that reason is because we don't have an NFL team here in Toronto (yet). I did watch a few games back in the early 90's though, during the Bills-Cowboys Super Bowl days.

A few of years ago, I wanted to understand as much as I could about the game, so I went out a bought "Football for Dummies". lol

I know that there are a lot of people on here griping about bugs and glitches in this years game, but I want to get into football. Thing is, I'm afraid that I'll be really lost. Other than the major superstars, I don't really know any of the players.

What's the best and fastest way to get a handle of football so I can enjoy this game? I've studied the game, I'm just lost on the players and history of the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: I'm a football noob who wants Madden 09

googles ur best freind or head to ur local library
Old 08-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Back in 2003, I was on the same boat as you. I learned how to play football video game by watching video tutorials of Madden that was included in thier games in the last gen ( I don't know if the next gen version of Madden have tutorial videos). But it was the 2K series that became my football game of choice. Anyway, just go to youtube and watch some Madden tutorial videos in there.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

rent the game first... as far as football in general, take an interest in one team. try and watch the preseason games because the local announcers do a nice job of "teaching" the game to fans that aren't familiar with football. but trust me on the one team thing. hell maybe even catch a game sometime this year
Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

If you just want to understand how this game works, then the best thing to do is just play a quick game of Madden. I honestly got into football when I was watching people play Madden on tv. I always wondered why it's so popular. (I live in Canada too, so I guess you understand) So I finally gave Madden NFL 06 a rent and since then I got hooked. I simply learned how the game works by playing it.

I really started to get into football when I started watching the NFL Network. It was the show NFL GameDay where I saw highlights of games that aired earlier on the same following week.
Also, shows like America's Game (I really like the ones where they talk about teams in the 90's and 21st century), NFL Follies, and Hard Knocks are pretty good programs to watch to get an easy enjoyment to football.

I don't know if this helps, but maybe you should go on to nfl.com and watch some highlight videos, those are pretty entertaining.

Last edited by ThePPL; 08-11-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »