Home

Impressions From 2K Fans?

This is a discussion on Impressions From 2K Fans? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Impressions From 2K Fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
I also think the defensive reactions are way overdone in NCAA. is Madden the same way? the overreactive crying when a first down is given up EVERYTIME, gets old.
I've only played a couple of games Brian and didn't really notice.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

It's weird because I never saw myself liking madden after playing it the past few years. I was always the 2k fan, and 2k5 was my idea of football perfection. However, I am enjoying Madden 09 quite a bit.

Madden still has a lot of catching up to do presentation wise, and to some extent, could learn a lot from 2k5's excellent animations and ball physics, but as fun goes, madden is right up there with it now and that is quite surprising.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
Rookie

porkys8077's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Debating on if i should give it a rent or not. I am leading towards renting though.
Same here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm not a diehard 2k fan, but I'm a football fan, and its a good game but its fastly becoming deja vu.

EXPECTATION of this GEN.

The only game sports game that captures this generation in a technological since is MLB 09, You can see the graphics are coming, but where it seperates itself is audio. I know the 360 uses the dvd, but its year 4, it is time for madden to step into this generation all the ish they are doing has been done before, "its not special" even for an anniversary game, its not special. Its easy to see that they are using old code and I mean old(if it ain't broke don't fix it) this ish is PS1 code seriously. You can see madden 99 in madden 2009 and its better in 99.

Madden 2009

The PIG has on make up.

How do you advance Madden?

generational shift from X360 to PS3

1. Take advantage of the HDD
HDD install, makes for better loading and better replays and a host of other things

2. Take advantage of the Blu Ray Disc 25gb or 50gb

Blu ray advantage better graphics and better audio

Yes fanboy dreams but its a next gen dream

using the blu ray to pile on textures and uncompressed audio, more lines of commentary ect....

Madden is only a 512mb game, which in essence is a coat of paint, You get the same game on the PS2 and XBOX1 a 128mb game.

Be mad at me, I can take the heat.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #13
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

The slobbering over this game is ridiculous, it's a B minus grade game at best.

CPU kicks deep down 4 with 30 seconds left. Players run out of bounds with clear sailing I've had scrub QB's go 16 of 17 etc. Many passes can't be defended rocket pass, whiplash camera to reciever zero time to make a play on ball, this happens often. You're not playing you're watching. Too many running plays are hike/tackle in half a second. Too many pass plays hike/sack. Game is Too FAST. I want to be iinvolved not button mashing on pass D.

If anyone thinks this is even close to 2k4, 2k5, or 2k8 they simply haven't invested the time to master the 2k series and are cheating themselves. I've had everymadden since 92. It's OK but has GLARING errors. So if you limit yourself to only madden it will appear great to you, which seems to be the majority of this forum and the USA. Celebrate mediocrity
Old 08-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #14
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Im a pretty die hard 2k5 fan. this game get the job done. I sit here and it kills me some of the stuff this game is lacking or is doing completely wrong but I dont feel ripped off. its not an A game its a B- game but there are alot worse b- games and like i said i dont feel like tey stole my money this year so hopefully it gets better from here.

Ill tell you what if they added 2ks presentation to this game and added emotion i wouldnt really compare madden to 2k anymore it would judt be on a different level.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I'm not a diehard 2k fan, but I'm a football fan, and its a good game but its fastly becoming deja vu.

EXPECTATION of this GEN.

The only game sports game that captures this generation in a technological since is MLB 09, You can see the graphics are coming, but where it seperates itself is audio. I know the 360 uses the dvd, but its year 4, it is time for madden to step into this generation all the ish they are doing has been done before, "its not special" even for an anniversary game, its not special. Its easy to see that they are using old code and I mean old(if it ain't broke don't fix it) this ish is PS1 code seriously. You can see madden 99 in madden 2009 and its better in 99.

Madden 2009

The PIG has on make up.

How do you advance Madden?

generational shift from X360 to PS3

1. Take advantage of the HDD
HDD install, makes for better loading and better replays and a host of other things

2. Take advantage of the Blu Ray Disc 25gb or 50gb

Blu ray advantage better graphics and better audio

Yes fanboy dreams but its a next gen dream

using the blu ray to pile on textures and uncompressed audio, more lines of commentary ect....

Madden is only a 512mb game, which in essence is a coat of paint, You get the same game on the PS2 and XBOX1 a 128mb game.

Be mad at me, I can take the heat.

I can understand your frustrations, but, to me, this game is a massive step forward for Madden. I played two or three games of 08, put it on the shelf, and it's been collecting dust ever since. 09, so far, is a completely different story. It's not perfect, but it somehow feels fresh and familiar at the same time.

On a side note, I am actually enjoying the extra dimension of strategy one Rewind adds. Trying to decide when to use it is pretty fun, and I think it's presented well in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #16
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer

If anyone thinks this is even close to 2k4, 2k5, or 2k8 they simply haven't invested the time to master the 2k series and are cheating themselves. I've had everymadden since 92. It's OK but has GLARING errors. So if you limit yourself to only madden it will appear great to you, which seems to be the majority of this forum and the USA. Celebrate mediocrity

the 2k ball-washing does get old as well (oh look I just completed another fade route against the DB AI)

but i 100% agree with your "USA celebrate mediocrity" line

rather sad times

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »