Home

Impressions From 2K Fans?

This is a discussion on Impressions From 2K Fans? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Impressions From 2K Fans?

First off, I consider myself a diehard 2K fan. So far, I'm having a blast with Madden 09, and I'm actually very pleasantly surprised.

I know that we already have an impressions thread, but I was hoping that this thread could consolidate impressions from all of the 2K devotees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Impressions From 2K Fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docblayze
First off, I consider myself a diehard 2K fan. So far, I'm having a blast with Madden 09, and I'm actually very pleasantly surprised.

I know that we already have an impressions thread, but I was hoping that this thread could consolidate impressions from all of the 2K devotees.
Im a die hard 2k fan myself.. all my impressions are in the madden impressions thread. Like you, im having alot of fun with the game as well. Alot of 2k guys are feeling madden this year but alot of work is needed with the atmosphere and presentation..the core gameplay is alot more fun though..example, the running and passing game is fun this year...still alot to be desired though.. the cut scenes, more player emotion, more life-like animations that flow better from start to finish,etc are needed. Half time show, pre game stuff...lots of work is needed in the atmosphere and presentation dept big time..i pray to god above Tiburon nails it all next year..they improve alot this year but so much more LIFE needs to be put into Madden09..if only they could address that...i think Madden 2010 would be on par with NFL2k5 as far as feeling ALIVE when playing it.

Read my impressions in the madden impressions thread bro.. around page 15 to 22 or so i have 3 or 4 replies somewhere in there

This thread will probally be locked anyhow..thats why im not gonna retype out my impressions
Old 08-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

Debating on if i should give it a rent or not. I am leading towards renting though.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I am a 2k fan. I'll be honest Madden does nothing for me. I wouldn't say it's a bad game, it just doesn't hold my attention. I've only monkeyed around with it for a bit, I would just say it's an ok game.

It looks very good, players still move in a very stiff way, which makes them look awkward when in motion. I can't place my finger on it, I think from a technical standpoint it's a pretty good game, it just feels stale to me I guess.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Stiffness, robotic take your choice.... Madden has always had this problem. It realy takes out of of the moment when you see a robot with dead eyes..

I also think the defensive reactions are way overdone in NCAA. is Madden the same way? the overreactive crying when a first down is given up EVERYTIME, gets old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

*This thread shouldn't be locked . I think it's cool to get impressions from those who currently aren't the biggest fans of the Madden franchise*

I'm a 2K football fan so I feel it's necessary for me to comment here:

Generally speaking, Madden 09 is a fun game. I've only had the opportunity to play head-to-head but each of those games has at least been fun. Like some others, I have seen some head scratching bugs, but nothing too detrimental to the game.

I also think it's a solid foundation for the Madden team to build upon. After playing the demo, I thought the "Breakaway-Animation" engine was really overhyped. But after playing some games, I think it's pretty awesome. I think with another year or two of polish, it could be just as advanced as I consider 2K's animation engine.

Obviously, Madden still needs some help in the presentation area and could use a lot more emphasis in making the game play a more simulation style of football. But all in all, it's a decent game and is better than Madden 08 (not sure how much weight that holds).
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

wow, good to see some actual pressure.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

also, no problems of cpu lack of running...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »