Home

Running Game

This is a discussion on Running Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 01:51 AM   #9
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Running Game

try making your o-line block aggressively using slide protect
Old 08-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #10
Rookie

RiversIsMyHero's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
By the way, I'm using the "My Skill" settings, and I was wondering how you view them so you could copy them to "Custom" settings and tweak from there. Is that possible? RiversIsMyHero, how did you do this?
At the team selection screen the 'My Skill' and 'Custom' sliders are right next to each other so i just used my eye to make them equal. You can just switch back and forth till you see they dont change. Just tune the running part down until you find what you like. I'm getting much more realistic results this way. Now to figure out why LDT has gotten hurt in 6 straight games...oh and he just broke his wrist, great
Old 08-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #11
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

I find it to be very difficult too. It is frustrating as hell, but I like it. I am an "All-Madden" runner so there is my problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
bro, you ran away from your holes every single time

first time you had a huge hole to the left, you ran right into the defender on the right
2nd time you coulda hit a small gap on the left (but towards the right of the left gab), instead you went to far left and right into the lineman
3rd time you missed your cutback to the huge gap on the right, looks like you are running too fast and not even checking to see where there might be a hole in the dline
I disagree.

He CERTAINLY missed his hole on the first run... that's for sure. No arguing there.

The second run he MAY have gone a little too far left. Even so, Farrior was right there and the D-end would have still helped to make the tackle too.

But the third run, your so-called "cut-back" lane was filled by James Farrior coming accross and Troy coming from the secondary. He had no chance.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

He's also playing one of the better defenses in the game...........but yes, he did def miss the hole on the first run.

Listen to Simon (Anim8or), you have to break tackles now, dont jsut give up when you are getting tackled.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #14
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

im going to try thge not use sprint button at all, i mean lendale isnt fast anyway so ill see how that is.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anim8or
The suggestion I have from seeing a lot of the online vids people are posting from the demo or from early releases we have given to press people is that a lot of people are just used to "dropping control" once they are hit. So they don't even try to break the tackles. You need to break them yourself now. Know your back, know if he is elusive or power, if elusive then juke and spin your way out of tackles, if he is power back truck your way through (you can also stiff arm). You won't be breaking tackles otherwise, no more roll of dice broken tackles, you have to break them. If you fail to break it, you will still see your back try (that's how I know on the vids that people just aren't trying to break tackles enough).
I agree 100%. I use the jets and I have been getting extra yards after the first hit like crazy. Most of the time i repeatedly press the A button and sometimes I use the truck stick. Ive been breaking out of tackles when normally I would be down on the turf. Be careful with this technique because it seems you increase your chance of fumbles if you use it too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Does the RB still function as covering up the ball this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »