Home

Release Night! What EA is up to...

This is a discussion on Release Night! What EA is up to... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #17
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Release Night! What EA is up to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xScREaMx
Not trying to flame or hate, I've loved most EA games that have been put out in the last couple of years (although I'm not too in love with the CPU blatantly CHEATING to win close games) but what do you guys think when you read a thread bashing EA? When you see a lot of people saying, "I guess I won't be buying Madden this year," does that ever change your views on how to make the next iteration of Madden to more fit the requested style? Do you guys already have next year's new features in mind and nothing can change it? How early do you guys stop working on patching/improving one Madden game and start working on the next? I know it all must be tough with an August deadline.

Again, not hating but these questions always interested me.
I mean this literally, the search function will assist you in answering most of your quips. The devs have been forthright and awesome in answering alot of the good questions you asked. I would rather not paraphrase their answers and intentions so without further ado I bring you....the search function:

http://www.operationsports.com/results.php
Old 08-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by xScREaMx
When you see a lot of people saying, "I guess I won't be buying Madden this year," does that ever change your views on how to make the next iteration of Madden to more fit the requested style?
Specifically to answer this question, that honestly doesn't bother me. If someone wants to not purchase the game blindly based on someone else's feedback, then honestly there's nothing I can do about it. If a post on a forum will keep someone away from even spending 3-5 bucks on renting it to check it out themselves, again that's their call. I know if I went purely on other opinions I would probably have never tried games like Dead Rising and Godfather and The Simpsons Game - all of which I enjoyed quite thoroughly.

I saw many posts in the CPU slider thread along the lines of "thanks for saving my $60 this year" and to me I have to just let that slide. Probably more often than not if they're hating on EA (and on me personally) they weren't going to buy the game anyway and they're using whatever the hotbed issue is at the time to fire at me or EA in general.

What DOES get to me (and can easily change the plans of development for the next cycle) is real feedback from people that do have the game and have legitimate complaints and frustrations. Using last year as an example, so many people were extremely upset with the amount of fumbles and the warping LB's and DB's - that's real feedback that we have to take and make serious changes against. That's the stuff that we have to make sure is addressed in the next iteration.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #19
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Specifically to answer this question, that honestly doesn't bother me. If someone wants to not purchase the game blindly based on someone else's feedback, then honestly there's nothing I can do about it. If a post on a forum will keep someone away from even spending 3-5 bucks on renting it to check it out themselves, again that's their call. I know if I went purely on other opinions I would probably have never tried games like Dead Rising and Godfather and The Simpsons Game - all of which I enjoyed quite thoroughly.

I saw many posts in the CPU slider thread along the lines of "thanks for saving my $60 this year" and to me I have to just let that slide. Probably more often than not if they're hating on EA (and on me personally) they weren't going to buy the game anyway and they're using whatever the hotbed issue is at the time to fire at me or EA in general.

What DOES get to me (and can easily change the plans of development for the next cycle) is real feedback from people that do have the game and have legitimate complaints and frustrations. Using last year as an example, so many people were extremely upset with the amount of fumbles and the warping LB's and DB's - that's real feedback that we have to take and make serious changes against. That's the stuff that we have to make sure is addressed in the next iteration.
Like you said, some people just need something to complain about and something to say "there goes EA again, sucking it up" when in reality, every single game that comes out has bugs. Even the messiah of the PS3 The Show (which i love) has/had its issues. Take it in stride, although im sure youve already learned to do that.

Hang around here long enough (usually about a week or so after game drops) and you'll get some real feedback, constructive feedback (imagine what you can do with that!!!)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

i really havn't been on these forums since the release of MLB 2k8....however i am pumped for some Madden after going through the massive Impressions thread. Im still a bit shocked that we have guys from EA talking to to us...definetly a positive and great thing to see.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #21
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4

Please fix the edit player bug where if you edit a player you lose all of their draft information and they NEVER progress. Please, please, please patch this Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #22
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Sounds good Ian.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #23
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

Ian what you must realize, is that we as gamers are frustrated by stuff that worked in the past and being left out of the game now, but the stuff that was broken, still manages to make it from year to year. And WHY take out CPU sliders? Give us the option, we don't like to feel like were being forced into something we have no control over. Appease both hardcore gamers, and the casual(I like the Madden commercial so I'm buying) fan, like you guys DID in the past. I don't see any negatives $$$-wise from doing that.

Peoples opinions are valid. I ignored peoples opinions and still went ahead and bought NCAA 09, and now I wish I hadn't. My expectations were hoping that game would be fixed, and instead it brought forth MORE problems than were present in 2008. Some of us are just tired of this; it's not that we don't WANT to spend our money, we just want a product that functions like it did in the past.

Nobody expects these games to be perfect, but we've been playing long enough to know whether a REAL effort was put in. We can see great effort was put in on the player models, stadiums, etc. but the effort put into the AI(and I'm speaking more for NCAA here) is clearly WAY behind.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
Have you even been on the board the last few months. He gets it and its one of the main priorities for 2010. Also the devs told us fairly early in the process that franchise mode would be fairly unchanged this year.
Incorrect. They said franchise wouldn't be changed much feature wise but there would be bug fixes (like the freezing issue). I'd say they let the franchise players down with a HUGE progression bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »